BGs and their 'room'

gobbledonk

If you've never paid a visit to any of the ramshackle slum-like areas where some "lower end" girls live in warrens pieced together of wood, cardboard and flattened aluminum, you should. A definite eye-opener.

As Stick said after his recent trip to Isaan, very few of the girls parents are living it large either, at least from his observations.

When a girl is living in conditions like you describe, and mom and dad are little better off back in the province, its hardly a plug for the industry. We can only speculate on where the money goes, but the April trip made me realise that there are some very lean months indeed for many of the girls. Thats life in a free market, but it must make some of them wonder if the factory isnt a better option.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even Thai "working girls" can be just as snobbish. I brought one into a 500 baht hotel and she commented "Hmm... cheap hotel". I asked, "What sort of hotel do you like then?" She replied, "Expensive hotel". I advised her to go and look for one.

This is actually a good indicator of whether a girl has been in the scene for awhile, had a prior Farang/Japanese boyfriend or both. I know a BG who was angonizing about finding a new place.

I only got very vague details, but her sponsor was paying her sizeable rent (to keep track of her?), and she apparantly got used to the nice accomodations with a swimming pool, good internet connection, etc. She found it much easier to adjust up to a nice accomodations than try to make the adjustment down to poorer accomodations. She was certainly having problems making the adjustment, and was hoping maybe I could help her out (NOT).

She was seeing other guys while she was living in the nice place (and brought a few back), but she seeing her could sometimes be a logisitical nightmare - all presumably measures she was employing to avoid detection by her clueless sponsor. In the end the sponsorship ended - but it took over a year for this to happen - and she made to make some hard choices. She downgraded her apartment, but not to some Baht 4,500 a month room shared by four girls, but a decent (not great apartment) for about Baht 7,000 a month further out on the BTS line towards On Nut. I also visited her a few times there.

I got invited a few times in the "loom" of a regular BG. The room was in a sub-soi of soi 23 near SC, all rented to bg's except the first one on the groundfloor where a couple with girl lived and the man made the best tom yam kung on the planet which he served at the two tables he put in front of the house on the so called walkway.

Her room was a divided area in fact, separated with ply wood, no furniture except a linen drawer and some mat to roll out as bed and some pillows.

Sure I happened to be around when the landlord came to collect the rent, pay electricity and water. Rent was 1500 baht. 3 floors townhouse totalling 10 rooms.

Shower and clothes washing occurred on top of the roof. There was a second shower room at the ground floor.

Around 5pm all left to work....

I have seen 3 BG rooms:

- miss soi 33: Room at 9K/month, with attached toilets and shower, fully furnished.

32 sqm, in a serviced apartment complex.

In a sukhumvit soi

- a FL a long time ago: Had a room on suk soi 28 or 32, I do not remember. fully furnished, attached toilet and shower. 5K/month

20 sqm. Condo of about 40 rooms with only BG

- Another soi 33 lady: Room in bangkapi.

Fully furnished, attached toilet and shower.

6K/month. Not a condo full of BG, mainly regular medium class couples, around 300 rooms and apartments.

If you've never paid a visit to any of the ramshackle slum-like areas where some "lower end" girls live in warrens pieced together of wood, cardboard and flattened aluminum, you should. A definite eye-opener.

So why are most of them so reluctant to stay long-time in a nice comfy hotel with nice facilities and get a decent meal in the morning????

:cussing:

If it was me, I'd be going long time every bloody night and avoid paying rent! ;)

So why are most of them so reluctant to stay long-time in a nice comfy hotel with nice facilities and get a decent meal in the morning????

If it was me, I'd be going long time every bloody night and avoid paying rent! ;)

I think some do just that. Others, no matter the comfortable environment, simply don't want to be anywhere longer than they have to be to pick up the paycheck. Seems a good way to try and learn how your 'then friend' really feels about being with you.

If it was me' date=' I'd be going long time every bloody night and avoid paying rent! ;)[/quote']

I think some do just that. Others, no matter the comfortable environment, simply don't want to be anywhere longer than they have to be to pick up the paycheck. Seems a good way to try and learn how your 'then friend' really feels about being with you.

If it was me' date=' I'd be going long time every bloody night and avoid paying rent! ;)[/quote']

In many cases, I think they're living in a shithole for the same reason they don't want to stick around for LT in a nice hotel -- the top priority for at least some of these girls is get a bit of cash, stop by the yb connection of the moment, and go home to the hovel to get high and play cards with her friends for the rest of the day... Funny how you don't really notice the holes in the walls and the lack of running water when you're out of your head and winning at gin...

They'll miss their favorite Thai soap opera. Actually, this is a good reason to send the BG home after your done.

I can't understand the desire for long times with BGs? I can understand staying out and partying all night. But once the sanook is done, they really aren't all that interested in watching CNN or BBC in the morning or the breakfast that is being served downstairs. If you read, something is wrong - you are too serious.

BGs are good for fun, but hanging out with one for the entire day??

BGs are good for fun, but hanging out with one for the entire day??

Gadfly, I would substitute the term 'BGs' with 'women' in this sentence - every relationship that I've ever had has needed its 'space', and I'm dumbstruck by couples who work together : how the hell can you see that much of another human being and not get tired of them ??

That said, the girl that I spent the majority of my time with was happy to sleep if I was doing something boring (like leave the room for several hours to go shopping, alone). We didnt hold hands, she was free to go home and feed her dog etc - I didnt own the girl, she just chose to avail herself of the pool and watch cable when the mood took her (anything where people drove cars fast whilst shooting at one another made her happy, most other programs seemed to bring on another nap). The reward for all this downtime was that she was a livewire at night, partygirl no 1 and isnt that what you want on holiday ? Christ, I spent 12 months with a Farang woman who would nod off shortly after the evening news, night after night ....

Really, its a bit like having a cat for a pet (please, no pussy puns). You tell yourself the thing likes you because it rubs up against your leg and eats the food you put in front of it, but cats are their own keepers - you are just there to keep a roof over their heads. She'll be prowling that alley, er, Soi tonite, looking to sink her claws into some unsuspecting prey. :smirk:

Archived