BGs and their 'room'

gobbledonk

Hey All,

If, like me, you differentiate between a room as a single enclosure and an apartment as a series of said enclosures, it can be confusing to hear a BG talk about her 'loom' (must find out why they cant pronounce the hard 'r'). I asked one girl how many people lived in her loom, and she said 5. How much does it cost to live in a loom with 5 people - 4500 baht/month.

Whether I should be so intimately concerned with their lives isn't the issue for me (YMMD) : my question is whether they are referring to a flat/apartment when they say 'room' ? I have been in one BG's apartment, in Pattaya a few streets back from the strip, and it basically was just one large room, with a laundry/bathroom off to one side (the old bedsit-style that predates the more fashionable 'studio apartment' in most cities), but she wasnt sharing that with 4 people.

Please note that I'm not referring to their work premises/ST rooms - I'm talking about their homes. If a landlord can ream 4500 baht each from 4-5 people for a single domicile, it should be bigger than a bedsit, surely ? Maybe they can get away with it when a girl arrives fresh from Isaan. :banghead:

Cheers,

Gobble

PS Yep, the girl in question is one of those I have put on a pedestal. She currently has an enormous halo - will be interesting to see whether that slips over the coming months :smirk:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the main difference between a room and an apartment is whether it includes a kitchen or not.

Most of the girls rooms do not although they may have a simple, bottled gas stove or electric wok and rice cooker on the balcony.

Most of their rooms run in the B3000 range, those that share a bathroom with other rooms are somewhat less.

I pay B5500 for a very large, 80 s/m room.

The majority of families in Isan, home to most of the BG's, all sleep in the same room in their homes so it is no big for the girls to sleep three or four together.

In Soi Cowboy, many of the girls there live in rooms above the bars they work in, often 10 to 12 in one room, they pay about B400/mo.

One bar owner I know in Pattaya used to have apartments that she owned. She would charge a flat rate for the room. Then charge extra money for shower and toliet if there was more than 2 people in the room. She also rented the rooms to her employees. Then take the money out of their pay.

Last I knew she sold the building. I asked way, seems it would be a cash maker. She said if you can find the renters when rent was due.. Seems they would run up a months rent and do a midnight move..

Said she got tired of sending the collection crew after the money .

I asked did you make money when you sold? She smiled and showed off her wrists. full of gold.

I've been to some rooms of ladies I knew and there wasn't much. Ceiling fan and several out lets. They said if they use to much elc. people charge them more money.Toliets down the hall in some.

Hi,

"How much does it cost to live in a loom with 5 people - 4500 baht/month. "

As rchapstick already pointed out, that is almost certainly the amount for the room. And yes, it is very likely it is a small single room with virtually no furniture shared by 5 people.

Not uncommon at all.

Sanuk!

my #1 Girl lived in a room with 3 others.

1 double bed,shower and no cooking facilities.

no idea how much they paid.

1 of my regular Go-Go's had Girls living above the Bar and these were also S/T rooms.

anyone asleep at the time was woken up and turfed out when the room was required.

My wife lived in a room with 3 other girls all sleeping on one small mattress on floor near the factory she was working in at the time.

How do you sleep I asked when I first saw it

"When one person rolls over at night - everyone rolls over" was the answer

Archived