Sen. Edward Kennedy has cancerous brain tumor

Flashermac

HH, you and RY are naughty! I'm sending over my fave, firm handed BG to give you both a nice spanking till your bums turn red!

I wasn't a fan of his politics for the most part but I do think the pols put aside partisanship over things like this. Reagan was wished well by Dems and liberals when it was annouced he suffered from Alzheimers.

Orrin Hatch and Kennedy are about as different ideologically but I've always heard they were very close. When you spend years together on the same senate committees and subcommittees a deep friendship that goes past ideology often develops. So it is in the Senate and the House of Representatives.

As far his drunk driving incident, Bush had been stopped and detained for drunk driving while he was at Yale that daddy took care of, although no one was hurt when it happened and he was much younger than Kennedy.

He was committed to his ideology and even if you disagree you have to respect that I think. My issue is when the people I vote for or the people that I expect to don't follow their ideology.

He came very close in '76 to being the nominee. He wasn't even pegged to go into politics. He was part of a cheating scandal at Harvard in '51 I think that his name got him exonerated. His oldest brother Joe Jr was the one that Papa Joe was grooming to become president but he died in WW2. No one expected much from Ted. It was Robert who was supposed to carry on the tradition after JFK died.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CS...don't misunderstand. While I abhor his brand of politics, I am not celebrating his affliction with a terminal disease. After all, he isn't a "serial killer".

You are correct that he has been very passionate about his causes. Doesn't make those causes any more palatable to me, however.

(BTW, I'm not sure that I should be held to a level of PC (by some) than that which would be shown (by some)should GWB be similarly afflicted.)

HH

... (BTW, I'm not sure that I should be held to a level of PC (by some) than that which would be shown (by some)should GWB be similarly afflicted.)

HH

I don't think you see people picking on GWB regarding his obvious mental disorders.

Hell, he even gets a 70% approval rating from his peeps.

I had forgotten about his cheating scandal at Harvard. I think that most people, concerning Chappaquitic (sp), while considered the death of the passanger, Mary Joe Kupecnic (sp), a tradjedy (sp), looked at the lack of character of a man who probably didn't try to save her, went home for a night's rest and then called his lawyer to start spin control. He did go on TV either 24 hours or 48 hours after the accident and gave his version of events and said he was sorry. That saved his political carreer but nothing could save his chance of being President. I give him credit for his 45 years in office, being an effective Senator. That being said, I don't think that any Senator should serve more than 3 terms (if they can't get their adgenda done in 18 years, they never will) and when Kennedy came to Creighton University in 1972, when I was attending there, I didn't bother to go.

Quote: rogueyam

"I do not wish Ted Kennedy ill health but what he did to Robert Bork is as low as it gets politically in the United States. Ted Kennedy is an utterly dishonorable man and anyone who says otherwise is simply not telling the truth."

Are you telling me that it is wrong to debate about a candidate? Or am I hearing you wrong?

I will say again, do you think it was wrong for Ted Kennedy to debate Robert Bork's nomination to the Supreme Court or do you prefer the method that was used by the USSR?

I thought that was the astoundingly stupid question you were so poorly attempting to ask, but I wanted to be sure before answering.

Here's your answer: No.

Archived