Too Much Booze

JayT

Hello dear, sweet waitress that I'd like to...tip! Would you please fetch these fine lads another round please.

Umm...belch...snort, now where was I? Oh yes, Tiguan. You are right Torneyboy, it's the name of a new vehicle by VW.

What do you suppose was going on in the minds of those marketing geniuses at folks noggin when they decided to use Tig-you-on? Out of all the great, fantastic names in the universe they settle on this retarded moniker.

I bet any one of us sitting here right now could come up with a better name than that.

For example, how about: guanager, gerig, or my personal favorite Tigigu(or igig for short). :rotl:

Now, I've been told that the name "Tiguan" is a combination of the words tiger and leguan (German for iguana). Simply brilliant! :rolleyes:

But it's not the first time these marketing wizards have managed to pull a turd out of the hat. Remember the 2003 Touareg? Hey ma, let's go buy a Tour-egg :rotfl: Makes me wonder who the target market is; nomadic African tribesmen?

Then again, maybe that is exactly what these crafty capitalistic bastards intend to do: Globalize the remaining nomadic desert tribesmen so that they also possess the desire to drive gas-guzzling cars, eat fatty fast-food and live in Western-style houses with TVs, DVD players, dishwashers, computers and microwaves.

Diabolical!! The future of the Sahara is at hand. :rolleyes:

Well...hiccup, my personal hope is that they fail, and they probably will because there is not much profit to be had in the Sahara, unless someone strikes oil or finds diamonds. :hubba:

I wish they would just leave the indigenous peoples and their culture alone. Besides, just think of the extra pollution, in the form of vehicle emissions, this would produce. Isn't there enough Global Warming already? Will these pigs not be satisfied until the existence of every last polar bear is threatened? :nono:

Archived