WTF ... I just got a spam PHONE CALL!

Flashermac

Is this a sign of the future? My phone rang, I answered ... and immediately heard a promo in rapid fire Thai for some Dara Dang service. All the latest hot stars were there for me. I simply had to do was push 1 for a free trial. Doesn't seem to have come from the phone company either.

Now we need spam filters on our phones?

:confused:

This is a growing trend in many countries.

Of course (and in Thailand too) consumers have normally to agree to be put on database and sign an agreement which allows mobile/sms marketing companies to use their numbers...

mobile phone = new media = new marketing possibilities and you must notice that the mobile marketing is developing...Still a new segment.

You did not have yet the "missed call marketing trick"?

TIT

Now, you can try to find the number (not always your mobile phone provider though) where to call to have your number removed from the database...

Good luck

I also get unwanted chat and call requests on my SKYPE account.

I have an inexpensive AIS call rate but have to put up with a constant deluge of spam ad's. Of course, each one turns the display light on thus wearing the battery down pretty quickly.

The spam ad is quite normal with the major mobile providers in Thailand...

You can desactivate them, there is a customer support number to call.

Skype can be configured to avoid these unrequested calls.

I have an inexpensive AIS call rate but have to put up with a constant deluge of spam ad's. Of course, each one turns the display light on thus wearing the battery down pretty quickly.

SOME of those spam ads can be killed by doing this:

Find the menu pick in your phone. In my Samsung, it is in the Menu. In my Nokia, it was it's own menu.

Find the menu pick from the menu. Select . Select .

Spam that is a broadcast message vs an SMS...gone.

The default option for that mLIFE! shit (which is nothing more than spam as far as I can tell) is on.

Cheers,

SD

Archived