Official - Euro 2008 -

Mentors

i think many people would have picked Germany,Italy and France as having good pedigree and good enough to win the Compie.

but watching some of the Games it is clear France are an ageing Team and not good enough these Days,time for a major rehaul.

Italy have played some good Football and are unlucky to be in their position.

Germany rely on Podolski too much but should prove too strong for Austria.

in the '2nd' tier of Teams then Portugal,Spain and Holland would be classed as having a chance.

Portugal are in an easy Group IMO and their results show that.

easy on the eye but i have doubts.

Holland are an enigma.

good Football and scoring Goals but still give away too many Goal chances to the opposition.

Van Der Sar has saved them on a few occasions in their 2 Games so far.

the results could have been different.

will not see any of Spain's 3 Group Games so cannot really comment on them.

but they seemed to have a talented Squad and might be the surprise Team.

but Holland could deliberately scupper the chances of France and Italy.

already qualified,play a weakened Team and if Romania win then all over Italy and France whatever they do.

My thoughts exactly.

As for my teams, Portugal, they haven't been really tested, but I felt they played well nonetheless. I have faith in this squad and I feel it'll take a good team to beat them.

Holland are weird..but as you said..they gave away loads of chances (I thought Ribery played particularly well) and they've had the luck Italy for example has missed in the first 2 games. Well, except that penaly save of course.

SO if I compare my teams, I feel Portugal played stronger games, but Holland have far better results :crazy:

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:orange]The Italy - Netherlands game and also the France - Netherlands game could both have gone the other way. Oranje defended really well and had some luck as well, however, their finishing in front of the goal is outstanding! Still, to beat the World champion and the runner up each with 3 goals difference is pretty good.[/color]

It's darn good Limbo, and they seem to be THE favorites now. Well..who wouldn't if you beat the two WC2006 finalists :applause:

Even Bibblies doesn't invite girls to his room anymore on the night Holland are playing.... it takes IMPRESSIVE play to reach such a milestone!!!!!

Just hope they (Por and Hol) don't meet again before the final as I'd hate to see either one go.

:beer:

I have been hoping that since 1988. We have always had teams with the potential to win the tournaments we participated in. But somehow something always fucks up.

Like the nightmare against Brazil at the World Championships in the US. Here we are playing Brazil silly. Making 2-2 and then the goal from 30 meters or so from Brazil ....... arggggggggg

Waerth

Congrats Mentors.

We put our second rate on the pitch so I kinda anticipated a result like this but I was disappointed to see the lack of motivation of this group to become the coach's first choice. Well..it does make things easier for the coach and..maybe we need a litle setback in order to step things up :) The optimist in me :beer:

yes, my team have played this tournament with many injured players and today they won for the fans, for our coach' last game and his ill wife in hospital.

It was at least a reconcile finnish for my team.

:smirk:

I wish Portugal good luck for the 1/4 final.

:content:

Archived