Official - Euro 2008 -

Mentors

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A great game, a superb 4th goal from Wesley Snejider :bow:

France - Holland 4:1

incredible, more as 100'000 Oranjes dancing in the streets of Bern.

(not shure if somebody is IN Holland at home at the moment) :surprised:

games from tomorrow in Austria:

Sweden - Spain

Russia - Greece

:_party::soccer::_party:

Limbo,

Afraid he's right about the Ducth team, I can't see them win vs France or Italy and progress to the next round..

Well Limbo.. there might be a handful French and Italian supporters out there who said the exact same thing about their respective teams and they're probably not happy to prove you right. :)

CHEERS!

:beer:

Bloody hell!

I haven't been watching this Euro 2008 at all (I don't watch much football at all when in Thailand due to sanuking reasons :) ) but those two Dutch results really caught my eye. Beating teams of the calibre of Italy and France by 3 goals?! :shocked: That's VERY impressive. Are this team as good as they sound?

If so, I might have to start watching this thing (while resting between girls :D )

[color:orange]A good game by the Dutch, although they didn't play as strong against the Italians. The French were good and had plenty of chances, however, we countered them completely away with some stunning goals.

I thought it would turn in to a very interesting game when Henry got a goal, but within 30 seconds Robben equalised from an almost impossible angle.

Definately would not have beleived this before the tournament started.

Wondering what 11 van basten is going to bring against Rumania. Some players may get some well deserved rest.

Amazing so far and likely right now, Sweden in the 1/4's or who knows, Spain![/color]

i think many people would have picked Germany,Italy and France as having good pedigree and good enough to win the Compie.

but watching some of the Games it is clear France are an ageing Team and not good enough these Days,time for a major rehaul.

Italy have played some good Football and are unlucky to be in their position.

Germany rely on Podolski too much but should prove too strong for Austria.

in the '2nd' tier of Teams then Portugal,Spain and Holland would be classed as having a chance.

Portugal are in an easy Group IMO and their results show that.

easy on the eye but i have doubts.

Holland are an enigma.

good Football and scoring Goals but still give away too many Goal chances to the opposition.

Van Der Sar has saved them on a few occasions in their 2 Games so far.

the results could have been different.

will not see any of Spain's 3 Group Games so cannot really comment on them.

but they seemed to have a talented Squad and might be the surprise Team.

but Holland could deliberately scupper the chances of France and Italy.

already qualified,play a weakened Team and if Romania win then all over Italy and France whatever they do.

Archived