Thai PM vows to end anti-government protests

tartempion

I wonder what law was broken?

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thai Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej said on Saturday he will crackdown on mounting anti-government protests that have ignited fears of a military coup.

ADVERTISEMENT

"I will not yield to you," Samak said on national television a day after the resignation of a cabinet minister that was meant to head off street protests eerily similar to the campaign against Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra before a 2006 coup.

Samak accused the anti-Thaksin People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD), which vowed on Friday to step up protests against the government, of damaging the country.

He said police and soldiers are prepared to end the protests.

"You have broken the law. I have a duty to deal with you. You cannot stay there. I will take you out," Samak said, referring to the protesters camped near Government House.

I thought sending the army against protesters only occured in dictatorial states...

:dunno::banghead:

Or it might be that in "democracy" protests against the government are not allowed.

:(:doah:

Never heard of Kent State?

Not my country so I do not care what they do...

Just please, if they have a bloodbath (with of course only one person killed)

have your way but before I travel or after, I only went through two big massacres (and saved my sorry foreign ass), not a third please.

Archived