Airlines May Start Treating Passengers Like Freight

Flashermac

I am sure that there is a way to travel like in the slave ships -> an "optimal" use of space in order to carry the biggest number of people...

Maybe I should sell this idea to an airline?

:shhh:

I wouldn't mind traveling in a bunk bed style configuration overseas. I'm fortunate that most of my trips are paid for and I get to fly C class but the the times when I have to "buck up" and pay, I fly Economy. :(

I'd much rather lie flat than sit up in a chair for 18 hours, even if it meant limited head room. I'm sure their are safety issues but there's got to be a way to do it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be much stricter about baggage, especially carry-on. The rules are there, but losely enforced and you still get people with loads of bags in the overheads. And maybe make the 15kg limit a hard limit, so if it's over, they have to leave something behind.

I am all for Airfares based on combined weight of passanger and baggage, why the fux should I be charged excess baggage when some fat cunt 50KG more than me has his ticket for the same price, simple ecconomics, bring it on!

Years ago I had a colleague who was super pissed off at being charged for 5 kilos "overweight" on his bags. The guy was 5' 2" and weighed maybe 46 kilos. He pointed at the buffalo butts standing in line and asked why they didn't have to pay. "Passengers' weight doesn't count, sir ..."

Guest lazyphil

i tend to agree. the world is at some sort of crytical mass. people are rioting elsewhere for lack of reasonably priced food nevermind the privildge of flying to exploit cheap sex in the 3rd world or sit around on exotic beaches sweating and going lobster red. its really time just shut the fuck up and stopped looking at jennifer saunders as inspiration....'i'm fat and beautiful' mantra she spews out, fat people use more resources than slim and its time to share the resources around a bit. i'll take cover now.

The main problem with airlines (besides fuel costs) is incompetent management. Take any given flight, and I bet there are at least 20+ different fares for the same seat, service and class...not to mention all the other bullshit overhead and the hughe bonuses paid to the fuck wits who screwed it all up to start...of course the government is partially to blame as well, letting everyone and their brother fly the same routes so no one can make a decent profit...

I am all for Airfares based on combined weight of passanger and baggage, why the fux should I be charged excess baggage when some fat cunt 50KG more than me has his ticket for the same price, simple ecconomics, bring it on!

The main reason you are paying the same (or more or less depending on the fare structure/time of purchase etc) as a guy weighing 50kgs+ more than you is because some kid or woman, or smaller dude is paying the same (or more etc...) as you, so it all evens out. The airlines can't manage fare structures now, and you want to add to it? as well as adding to the check in lines...? fuck that, don't give these assholes any reason to charge more for less service.

Archived