Non-B extension question

Hi,

Have a quick question. My Non-Imm B runs out on the 13th.

I have just been told I can get a re-entry permit and cross the border which will give me another 3 months.

Does anybody know if this is correct, preferably from first hand experience?

If so, it means a quick trip to Poi Pet rather than 3 days in Penang and would save me quite a bit of money.

Sanuk!

I'm pretty sure it's only a visa run KS which would mean you only get 30 days.

You can do this three times then you have to get some sort of a visa. (A visa run gets you a visa exemption, not a visa).

My Non Imm B also died last month so I'm going to do my visa runs to Mae Sai then get the bus up to Vientiane via Nong Khai and get a 60 day +30 day tourist visa which should cover me until my next trip to Australia where I'll reapply for the "B".

You might like to consider Vientiane as an alternative to Penang, you can get cheap flights to Udon Thani, cross the border to Vientiane, and you can apply for the tourist visa the same day and pick it up the next.

Make sure you apply BEFORE noon. Apply in the afternoon and you'll have to wait two days for your visa.

Air Lao from Bangkok isn't that expensive, though an Air Asia flight to Udorn would be cheaper. Only about half an hour by bus to the border.

If you are indeed referring to an extension to a Non-Imm â??Bâ?Â, you cannot get another 90 days by just leaving the country and returning. All a re-entry permit does is allow you to leave and when you return, your new â??permitted to stay untilâ? stamp will have the same date as the one you had before you left.

If you have Non-Imm â??Bâ? visa which has not been extended, and you have been doing entry stamp runs every 90 days, you can indeed leave the country (no re-entry permit needed) the day before in expires and get 90 days more, staying past the use by date on the visa.

Hi,

Have a quick question. My Non-Imm B runs out on the 13th.

I have just been told I can get a re-entry permit and cross the border which will give me another 3 months.

Does anybody know if this is correct, preferably from first hand experience?

If so, it means a quick trip to Poi Pet rather than 3 days in Penang and would save me quite a bit of money.

Sanuk!

Now just hold it a minute.

I reckon I've misunderstood the question. I thought that you wanted to make the border trip on the expiry date.

But if you go a few days before hand... yes you should get another three months. I did... and I'll read my passport....

My "B" expired on the 25th March 2008. I fronted up at Mae Sai Immigration on the 24th of March and was granted an extension until the 21st of June.

Many apologies KS, if that was what you meant.

The reason I have to renew before then appears to have been a mistake by immigration, that I hadn't noticed, made on a social visit to Burma with visitors at a later date.

If you are indeed referring to an extension to a Non-Imm â??Bâ?Â, you cannot get another 90 days by just leaving the country and returning. All a re-entry permit does is allow you to leave and when you return, your new â??permitted to stay untilâ? stamp will have the same date as the one you had before you left.

If you have Non-Imm â??Bâ? visa which has not been extended, and you have been doing entry stamp runs every 90 days, you can indeed leave the country (no re-entry permit needed) the day before in expires and get 90 days more, staying past the use by date on the visa.

Yes, Mr KKN is correct here.

Last time I had a non B (which came with the WP)

One week before it expired I took the travel to the Cambodian border and got a 90 days extension.

Of course, you need a non B with multiple entry.

Now, as KS certainly has a WP it has to be checked until said WP is valid, this might be a problem.

Other than that, my experience is almost one year old so rules might have changed.

Check TV

Hi,

We just came from the BOI one-stop service center and I was told there that I can leave the old company (we have setup a new company with BOI approval and are moving things over to that) and at that point I am given 7 days. I can then apply for the visa on the new company.

No need to leave the country at all.

I'm still not 100% certain this is correct, but I'll just assume it is. Worst case scenario I can get another 30 days from Poi Pet and sort things out during that period.

Sanuk!

Archived