Iraq lost billions again

Faustian

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rogueyam said [color:red]"I called the likening of the US to Burma "a load not the original article.""[/color]

My point was, the USA didn't do much to help the people as a result of Katrina which was very similar to what the Burmese generals did for their country when a cyclone struck.

The USA is ready to go to the aid of others but has a hard time providing aid for our own people. When the cyclone hit Burma, a dreaded enemy of the Bush administration, USA warships showed up on the scene to provide aid. But when Katrina hit, dumb and dumber started acting up again. Why was that rogueyam?

My point was, the USA didn't do much to help the people as a result of Katrina which was very similar to what the Burmese generals did for their country when a cyclone struck.

The USA is ready to go to the aid of others but has a hard time providing aid for our own people. When the cyclone hit Burma, a dreaded enemy of the Bush administration, USA warships showed up on the scene to provide aid. But when Katrina hit, dumb and dumber started acting up again. Why was that rogueyam?

I understood your point perfectly which is why I called it "a load". Katrina was almost three years ago. I have responded to these very issues on this site as recently as the last couple of weeks. That is more than you deserve.

"...I understood your point perfectly which is why I called it "a load". Katrina was almost three years ago. I have responded to these very issues on this site as recently as the last couple of weeks. That is more than you deserve..."

But you have failed to explain why you feel they are different. It would seem to me, if you fully understood your own predicament/position, you'd be able to do that and put them/us in his/our place.

Let me help you, here are some similarities and some differences...

Burma did nothing for it's people.

USA Dragged it's ass before doing something, then it may not have been enough, soon enough, and the people may get screwed in the long run.

Burma refused to accept foreign aid, USA refused to admit something needed to be done before the problem occurred.

The Junta in Burma has a vested interest in keeping certain groups down, and or killing them off to ensure the Junta maintains control.

The USA has a vested interest in keeping certain groups down to make sure the junta, er status quo is maintained.

Now, let me predict the response from you... "lefty propaganda worthy of no reply..." or something like that. However, I challenge you to explain in detail, why there is no similarity between the Burma debacle and the mes with Katrina...of course I am still waiting for you to explain why (other than cowardness) why you never served in the military to support the regime/your set of values full on...

Archived