US soldier refuses to report for active duty in Iraq

Flashermac

AFP is just a press agency...exactly the same job as Reuters etc...

-> They provide "raw" news

AFP = French yes, but this is one of the good things France still has -> they are not different from associated press and others, not better or worst.

Seems some Americans are as dumb nationalist people as some French...

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seems some Americans are as dumb nationalist people as some French...

So you agree with AFP that Huntsville' date=' AL is an "army town"?[/quote']

Maybe not in the conventional sense, but the army have a substantial base there.

Maybe not in the conventional sense' date=' but the army have a substantial base there.[/quote']

Huntsville is not an "army town" in any sense. The AFP description of Huntsville as such was simply wrong.

So you're denying that there's any kind of army base there?

<< Maybe not in the conventional sense, but the army have a substantial base there. >>

Yup. I worked for the Army at Redstone Arsenal for 5 years. My father retired from the Marshall Space Flight Center. I suppose you could call Washington DC an "army town" too, since it has the Pentagon and a lot of other military installations.

Here's the "town":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huntsville,_Alabama

I suppose you could call Washington DC an "army town" too, since it has the Pentagon and a lot of other military installations.

Well sure, you could call every town or city with any military installation an "army town" but then we would need a new expression to convey the meaning that is presently conveyed by the term "army town".

Archived