US soldier refuses to report for active duty in Iraq

Flashermac

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course we were. My dad was a WWII combat vet. My grandfather was a peacetime vet. My grandmother's brother was a WWI Marine combat vet. Virtually all of my male teachers were WWII or Korean War vets. I grew up with conscription looming for those who didn't volunteer.

Things are different now without conscription.

It is clear to me, and apparently not teddy, that the meaning behind the post is simple:

"You can not have a democratically led government in charge of the military unless you take responsibility for the people elected."

You, the people like AF16 and Teddy, elect the people that write our orders. If you wish to have majority rule but take no responsibility for who the majority chooses, you deserve what you end up with. Which historically is death under bad circumstances for you the people.

And if you consciously do this, if you either elect the wrong person or through inaction allow the right person to get beat, you in my opinion deserve it. If you do nothing at all, then you really deserve it because then you have let us all down. It is after all your choice who writes the orders that send me and my boys off to fight.

That is not brain washing. That is history.

So you do not believe in democratic, civilian government control of the military?

[color:red]How the fuck have you arrived at that conclusion?[/color]

You like the idea of the military in control of the state?

[color:red]No thank you[/color]

You must be Chinese then. Or Packastanie (The ruling class of course.)

[color:red]No, I am English[/color]

Of course we were. My dad was a WWII combat vet. My grandfather was a peacetime vet. My grandmother's brother was a WWI Marine combat vet. Virtually all of my male teachers were WWII or Korean War vets. I grew up with conscription looming for those who didn't volunteer.

Things are different now without conscription.

They sure are:

greetings.jpg

HH

Archived