US soldier refuses to report for active duty in Iraq

Flashermac

No honor in fighting in Iraq, illegitimate war at the becking call of a war criminal. Fuck Bush and his wars, and it has nothing to do with bravery. It's about having a moral backbone.

Very articulate. I trust you are not an American and have never been a soldier?

You join the military because you believe in the country. You join because you believe that the people you protect will elect the right people to lead them. If the wrong people are elected, you have only yourself AF16 to blame.

If we can not count on people like AF16 to elect the right people, then AF16 you deserve to be raped and killed.

Either way we swear an oath. If that oath is half hearted, then the people swearing it should be shot.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know of one retired commander of a nuclear ship who used the same argument that he had taken an oath to defend his country. He claimed what Bush was doing was wrong and he was thinking about standing up to take back the country from men like Cheney and Bush. I have come across others who talk the same jingle.

I know of one retired commander of a nuclear ship who used the same argument that he had taken an oath to defend his country. He claimed what Bush was doing was wrong and he was thinking about standing up to take back the country from men like Cheney and Bush. I have come across others who talk the same jingle.

You do that by voting and getting other to vote with you.

There were huge anti draft riots during the civil war (War Between the States) and much resistance during WWI as well, but drastic suppression of dissention was condoned by the Supreme Court so it never went far. It was only during the Vietnam war that protest against the draft were allowed to take place as an expression of freedom of speech.

This is not the first time people in the Inactive Reserves have been called up in large numbers. This was also used during the Korean War. Many WWII vets, in their late 20â??s who thought they were done, were called up.

As a person that was drafted in 1972, serving 2 years active duty and assigned to inactive reserves for 4 (and never called up, though there was a close one when a local unit was a bit short for summer exercise), I have to agree, he signed a contract, the terms of which he knew. If he doesnâ??t want to serve in Iraq, due to his belief, he can serve the time in jail.

There were huge anti draft riots during the civil war (War Between the States) and much resistance during WWI as well, but drastic suppression of dissention was condoned by the Supreme Court so it never went far. It was only during the Vietnam war that protest against the draft were allowed to take place as an expression of freedom of speech.

This is not the first time people in the Inactive Reserves have been called up in large numbers. This was also used during the Korean War. Many WWII vets, in their late 20â??s who thought they were done, were called up.

As a person that was drafted in 1972, serving 2 years active duty and assigned to inactive reserves for 4 (and never called up, though there was a close one when a local unit was a bit short for summer exercise), I have to agree, he signed a contract, the terms of which he knew. If he doesnâ??t want to serve in Iraq, due to his belief, he can serve the time in jail.

IRR was called up during Operation Desert Shield and Desert Storm. When I was an Army Recruiter I had to spell out the 6 year obligation to all applicants. No excuse, that guy knew the deal before he cashed his first Gov't paycheck.

Definetly a whining Coward! :down:

No honor in fighting in Iraq, illegitimate war at the becking call of a war criminal. Fuck Bush and his wars, and it has nothing to do with bravery. It's about having a moral backbone.

AF16,

I forwarded your post to GWB...he say's Fcuk U too!

:elephant:

No honor in fighting in Iraq' date=' illegitimate war at the becking call of a war criminal. Fuck Bush and his wars, and it has nothing to do with bravery. It's about having a moral backbone. [/quote']

Very articulate. I trust you are not an American and have never been a soldier?

You join the military because you believe in the country. You join because you believe that the people you protect will elect the right people to lead them. If the wrong people are elected, you have only yourself AF16 to blame.

If we can not count on people like AF16 to elect the right people, then AF16 you deserve to be raped and killed.

Either way we swear an oath. If that oath is half hearted, then the people swearing it should be shot.

Were you brainwashed by your parents before you joined the army or was the brainwashing provided solely by the army :dunno:

It is not brain washing to want to protect and serve your country.

Remember, if it were not for people like me, you and or your parents would be dead a long time ago.

In the post above you state "you deserve to be raped and killed", and then "should be shot".

Pretty extreme views don't you think?

The question I was asking is whether you were conditioned to think like that by your parents or the environment you were raised in, or whether you were actually quite a well balanced sane young man when you joined the army and the army has made you think like that?

Archived