Where Do You Rank As A Tourist?

bust

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I'm in the "International Connecting" part of Tokyo's Narita IAP a few months ago and there is the large white American lady getting really pissed. She's at the counter being assisted by 2 young Japanese employees. I overhear her trying to get miles credited onto a card.

"No, you're wrong it IS part of that alliance!"

"Sorry ma'am, your account is from an airline not included...we cannot do that" "Impossible, sorry"

"Yes you can! Do it!" "Fine, whatever, YOU ARE WRONG" (top of her lungs) Reaches over the counter and snatches the paperwork and card.

At this point I am embarrased to be anywhere near her and hold the same nationality passport.

This is what causes people to have negative opinions. 1 bad one cancelled out 100 nice, polite people.

<< Among the topics probed were tourists' behaviour, manners, generosity, willingness to learn the language and try local cuisine and their propensity to complain.

Japanese tourists took out the top overall place, followed by the British and Germans in joint second place, and the Canadians in third position. >>

So if your country is going to be invaded, you'd better hope it's by the Nips, Poms, Krauts or Canucks!

:cover:

Archived