Where Do You Rank As A Tourist?

bust

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just keep an old Kelvinator handy next time there's a nuke....worked for Indi.

Best thing I saw was a South African woman jump the counter at Barcelona International....people ducking and diving everywhere.

I have always found the Yanks to be very polite ....but very Loud however.. :grinyes:

Yes, I find them always very polite too. Maybe they get the label of being 'impolite' with Thais because they're more likely to complain about bad service - things not being quite what they're used to at home.

The Chinese, from what I've seen in Pattaya, are a bunch of cunts. The next one I see barging into someone without saying sorry is going to be barged into much harder by me... :thumbdown:

The Chinese, from what I've seen in Pattaya, are a bunch of cunts. The next one I see barging into someone without saying sorry is going to be barged into much harder by me... :thumbdown:

Spot on there! The Chinese (from Taiwan) have only in the last decade gained any semblance of manners when it comes to forming a line. But many still seem to either have not learned or they simply don't give a crap.

Last trip home on EVA from BKK, there was a line on the tunnel leading from the departure lounge to the aircraft. Nobody was moving. Here's a family of Chinese: husband, wife and 3 boys ages about 8-12. The boys start trying to push past folks waiting to board. One of them gives me a pretty good bump in his eagerness to get onto the plane. Well, Hugh (aka Huge) let him have a body block that sent him into the wall of the tunnel. He looked at me like "WTF?" I told him to "get back there with your parents and behave". Of course, I doubt if he had any idea what I said. (These same kids were just running wild inside the terminal before boarding and the parents did nothing to settle them down.) This wasn't a family of country bumpkins. They were all well-dressed and presentable. Just no fucking manners. Of course, we have parents in the U.S. that aren't really into "parenting".

HH

In China there's this deal when you're waiting in a mob for something that you crowd and push, slightly, the guy who is between you and whatever it is. Thus when you are waiting for a bus or trying to get to a ticket window, etc., you are constantly getting nudged from behind. Many older Chinese do that same crap here in Frisco which of course is against the rules. Once every month or three I find myself on the bus or train being shoved lightly from behind by someone who has likely been a resident here longer than I have (which is a while). I always turn around and assist them in understanding the American dislike for being treated like an animal.

Guest lazyphil

the chinese tourists a phuket fantasea dining hall were vile. no other way of putting it. rude, selfish, thoughtless fucks.

i live in a big tourist destination in the uk and find japs and yanks to be very polite.

I know a lot of people in the hospitality businesses here in San Francisco (restaurants, hotels, etc.) Everybody's favorites are the Japanese. They behave modestly and politely. They wait paitently when necessary. They order up, pay what it costs, and tip correctly. They never cause a fuss. They really are the perfect guests.

Whenever one asks me for help or directions on the streets I go out of my way to help them out. Fair's fair. Just about anyone could learn at least some things from the Japanese.

I really do think the nukings were key, though.

Archived