Typical Judicial Activism In U.S.

Hugh_Hoy

Guest lazyphil

and before anyone calls me on this. in a civilised society should innocent animals be tested on for medical research?....i'm for vivisection, in an ideal world i'd rather not but its not an ideal world or civilised, why not use convicted paedophiles and serial killers etc the results would be more precise than tests done on animals. again, is it civilised to factory farm animals for an all ready fat human populace when meat substitutes exist. i'm not a vegetarian but again i'm not anti death penalty. in a 'civilised' society we're always having to trade off and compromise our 'civilised' ways for the greater good of us all.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"...Capital punishment is simply for the blood-lust of the victim's family. Not a deterrent, not a punishment per se. Simply self-gratification. That should not be encouraged in a civilized society..."

We are NOT a civilized society. Civilized people DO NOT rape kids etc...so, to deal with uncivilized people committing uncivilized acts, we need to be uncivilized.

You mean the edict from SCOTUS that expediency was more important than what the voters wanted?

The votes in Florida were counted and then recounted according to the established procedures. President Bush won both counts and thus the Presidency. This is what the voters wanted as enshrined in their Constitution. What came after was a cynical attempt to steal the election by Gore and a relative handful of abettors and the USSC shut it down.

Cry all you want. Those are the facts.

Weren't a lot of ballots not counted? as in the chard's hanging off them couldn't be determined to be damaged, or votes? Some such stuff...also so crap with a few precincts in predominantly poor minority neighborhoods...you will never convince me Bush did not cheat better than Gore...of course Gore didn't get caught...

Guest lazyphil

the irony is the anti death penalty brigade are for abortion. makes no sense to me :confused: dont kill the rapists etc but murder unborn innocent. civilised???

"The death penalty is not a proportional punishment for the rape of a child," Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote in his majority opinion. His four liberal colleagues joined him, while the four more conservative justices dissented.

There has not been an execution in the United States for a crime that did not also involve the death of the victim in 44 years."

These 9 judges.. Do they normally vote along the same lines? Is it always the same 5-4 verdict with the same judges on each side?

Weren't a lot of ballots not counted? as in the chard's hanging off them couldn't be determined to be damaged, or votes? Some such stuff...also so crap with a few precincts in predominantly poor minority neighborhoods...you will never convince me Bush did not cheat better than Gore...of course Gore didn't get caught...

Well, you certainly seem to have it all figured out! Bravo!

Archived