A class high speed Catamaran

Coss

I built one of these when I was a young'un and now I just bought another in not quite mint but very good condition.

This pic is not my boat but mine is almost identical. I'm going to tart it up and spend summer on the waves. That is when I'm not in LOS

1214523059-IM000047.jpg

Cheers

Coss

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're marvelous fun and great exercise.

I sailed in bigger yachts when I was younger and there is no feeling quite like it, especially running before the wind on a good sea.

My nephew is a professional yachtsman and at present in training on the Ericsson boat for the next Volvo "Round the World" race.

I built one of these when I was a young'un and now I just bought another in not quite mint but very good condition.

This pic is not my boat but mine is almost identical. I'm going to tart it up and spend summer on the waves. That is when I'm not in LOS

1214523059-IM000047.jpg

Cheers

Coss

I have seen these in races on Sydney Harbour ..they are quick..

1214523059-IM000047.jpg

Cheers

Coss

I have seen these racing on the Harbour ..they are quick..

They're marvelous fun and great exercise. ..... there is no feeling quite like it,

Yes, got to lose weight and this is how.

They only do 20 - 30 knots but when the spray is in your face it feels like a hundred miles an hour...

And these are no beach cats, the A Class is refined like a ballerina, compared to a beach volley ball chick.

Cheers

Coss

So if you fall overboard can you get back up..? :grinyes:

Or will you be forced to go down with the ship:neener:

At 120 kg I shouldn't have too much trouble, but some of the lighter fellows have to wear a thing like a cloth bucket on their backs, to fill with water to give them extra weight to right a capsized boat.

The idea is not to capsize :surprised:

Cheers

Coss

Archived