Cost of Jack Daniels and Marlborough

Man at Work

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MAW.

I have had both of those whiskeys and don't much care for either, but after the first couple, can you really tell the difference? smile.gif" border="0 At least I didn't recomend that Even williams crap!! smile.gif" border="0 ever see it? it comes in a bottle designed to deceive Jack Danials customers! buyer beware in a drunken state!

Just my 2 cents worth, but Jack daniels inAustralia tastes completely different to JD in the US, I am a great fan of the Jack and when in the US found out why they really call it SOUR MASH, it is considerably more of a sour taste than the brew we get here in Australia, I realise they say its made in America and shipped here but I know its bottled here. I think they do something to it here b4 its bottled coz it tastes way different to the real stuff in the USA. I know they do this to a few things that are marketed worlwide to cater for local tastes, I dont know who decides what but I hate how they do this, a bit like censorship to me.

As for price of JD in Thai land , if its 850 baht there, thats 37 Aussie dollars the same as the shelf price of JD here, and I'll be interested to see what their Jack tastes like! So if you travel from Aus get it Duty free.

carrying booze is such a hassle . Last time in LOS I bought a 1litre bottle of Bombay Saphire Gin ( the best gin IMHO ) , at Sydney airport . I carried the bastrad in my backpack to BKK , then down to Samui!! I was that piossed of with it by that stage I tried to drink it all , ended up nearly dead from fireworks accidents & ended up leaving it as a "present" for a BG in Samui . The booze is relatively cheap enough at 7-11 to not have to carry it .

Enjoy! smile.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Old hippie:

MAW.

I have had both of those whiskeys and don't much care for either, but after the first couple, can you really tell the difference?
smile.gif" border="0
At least I didn't recomend that Even williams crap!!
smile.gif" border="0
ever see it? it comes in a bottle designed to deceive Jack Danials customers! buyer beware in a drunken state!

Just had a nice argument which nearly ended in a good ole barroom brawl with a clubowner near Frankfurt who tried to serve me some crap out of a JD-bottle at 3 a.m., when I nearly had a hole bottle of JD somewhere else.

I must be dead before I will no more able to taste the diffrence between JD and the rest of the Bourbons.

This is not to be meant to brag laugh.gif" border="0 but to truthfully answer your question.

Take care there in Frisco (I know you guys hate that name laugh.gif" border="0 )

MaW

MAW,

I can tell the difference between the good stuff and the bad, that is about it smile.gif" border="0 As for calling it "Frisco..." It's o.k. with me, but I'll have to run it by the city council smile.gif" border="0

Of course they are all probably to busy buggering eachother to care! Oh just a point, but Jack Danial's is technically a whiskey, not a burbon. Bourbon is aged differently, stronger, and is supposed to be from Kentucky only. Just a technocal point, but it doesn't effect the enjoyment one damned bit now does it?! smile.gif" border="0

Yes you are totally right. But for us krauts, who have their expertise in Beer and Schnaps, there is only bourbon and scotch. Say scotch to a single malt in edinborough, and yo have an easy way out of the mysery of life wink.gif" border="0

Lets make a deal: sort out your contract and I buy a bottle of JD for me and a bottle of Mekong for you in the city of Angles.

Take care

MaW smile.gif" border="0

MAW,

That sounds like a plan! As soon as I can, I will be there! as soon as I can! Oddly, I am also of Germanic heritage, and I don't recall ever drinking schnapps, what's a good one? Lots of beer though! check out Bei Otto on Soi 20! great selection, if you are ever homesick!

[ January 11, 2002: Message edited by: Old hippie ]

quote:

Originally posted by Old hippie:

MAW,

That sounds like a plan! As soon as I can, I will be there! as soon as I can! Oddly, I am also of Germanic heritage, and I don't recall ever drinking schnapps, what's a good one? Lots of beer though! check out Bei Otto on Soi 20! great selection, if you are ever homesick!

I am homesick at the moment, as my home is in LOS ( at the moment virtually but soon for real).

Schnaps: Any of the SCHLADERER brands is good (like plum-, cherry-, or pear-schnaps) for export. Cant go wrong with them. But if you are an local, there are lot of small local distillers who do a hell of a job.

After all, rather a Heinikeeeen in LOS than a Königs-Pils in snowy Frankfurt.

Take care

27 days left.

[ January 11, 2002: Message edited by: Old hippie ]

wink.gif" border="0

Archived