Cost of Jack Daniels and Marlborough

Man at Work

The Thai Marlboros don't taste the same (they are made in Indonesia), but you can always buy the US Marlboros on the street in Pattaya for around $1.25 a pack. Look for the hard packs, which say "US Tax Exempt" -they seem to only manufacture soft pack in Indonesia.

I usually buy a few cartons in Seoul, Korea on my way to LOS - the US-made cartons are $11 in the duty free shops, and if you buy them on the way over, you can pack them in your luggage for the return trip.

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I searched and came up with this thread but it doesn't really answer my question...so if anybody can provide the extra info I need it would be appreciated.

I head home in 2 days (UK). A mate has asked me to take him some Marlboro back. I don't smoke so am oblivious to quality, however, I have gleened the price info from this thread.

He will want ciggies that taste(?) the same as the Marlboro sold in the UK. Will buying a couple of cartons from the 7/11 satisfy this properly or would it be better to buy them in duty free or in a store in town ?

If duty free is the way to go then what sort of prices are are we talking ?

Cheers

You could be right.

But I think part of the distinction is in how it is made, aged and where it is made. Jack Danials I think is called "sour mash whiskey," which might imply corn? Bourbon I think is also corn. I have been told that Bourbon is supposedly only made in Kentucky (sort of like scotch is made in scotland, champagne in France etc...) Not sure this is fact though. Also, I think bourbon tends to be 100 proof whiskey is usually 80 proof. Something like that. Maybe just look in the dictionary for the best definition?

Archived