Cost of Jack Daniels and Marlborough

Man at Work

After all the last philosophical threads, here a rather basic question:

As prices went up in Germany (also in Duty Free shops), what does a carton of Cigarettes (Western) and a 0,7l bottle of Jack Daniels cost in a 7/11.

Does it make sense to buy some in duty free?

I am flying via Abbu Dhabi, is it cheaper there?

Thanks for your help!

29 days left! wink.gif" border="0

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jack Danials is about the same price in LOS as it is in the USA. Marlbouroughs are conciderably cheaper than in the USA, but can be an inferior quality, and sometimes hard to get. Even Japan duty free was cheaper for cigarettes than the USA. Hope this helps!

Hi Old Hippie,

somehow I was thinking, when I wrote this post, that you were the first to respond wink.gif" border="0

Black Jack and Old Hippie fits together somehow. Thanks for the reply. BTW, are you still planning to come to LOS in Feb. Would like to get to know you.

But does someone have prices in Baht, so I can compare them when I am in the Duty Free.

BTW, I did not have any problems getting Marlborough and/or Black Jack in Lamai last January. But on the other hand I did not have any problems at all in Samui - Never had!

Take care you good Folks, I will be with you in 29 days.

Hi Guys,I am just back a week from LOS and still smoking the cheap Marlboro's. 200 carton in 7-11 is 550 baht in Bkk.Don't bother with Duty Free, I just put a few cartons in luggage and keep the straps on luggage till I get home.Never any problems this way and saves carrying them on hand luggage,which I find is a pain. Don't know about the booze as I never buy to carry it,again a pain! --Aussiejohn.

MAW,

As I recall, Jack Danials was around $14.oousd so maybe 600+bht, depends on the store. Cigarettes run about 50-60bht, depends again on the store. Cigarettes run around $10-12usd per carton in Japan, less in los, don't know the exact price...a bagin compared to $38++usd per carton in USA.

As for my trip, I'll be there as soon as they solve this contract deal at work!! so hopefully in late February or early March! Love to hook up with whoever is around!

I may live in Tennessee (home of Jack Daniels) but I prefer Crown Royal. Is it available in LOS? Do any of the bars have it or should I be prepared for Vodka Tonics?

Archived