BKK Suan Lum/Lumpini Park Night Bazaar?

Fiery Jack

On the lookout for things to do during my forthcoming BKK 'business trip' :drunk: I was mildly intrigued to find this written in some feller's blog:

Lumpini Park Night Bazar... a very large hall, with a group playing at the front, down one side a long row of stalls selling all sorts of food at extremely cheap prices...On the other side a long rown of beer sellers. Another great find.

:hmmm:

I did a search on here and couldn't find anything. Anyone know anything? Is he talking about the Suan Lum Night Bazaar, which has a Wikipedia page but about which, equally, I know f*ck all. :(

What goes on there? Worth a visit? :hmmm:

jack :help:

FJ,

Suan Lum is a fun place to go if you already have your whore de jour in tow, not a place to go and find one. I love the place but I am biased since it is in my neighbourhood, best part is BEC TERRO hall, I have seen some good bands there over the years (The Only Thing I miss about UK is Live Music)

With the underground its only a 22 Baht / 8 minute ride from Soi Cowboy and even a softy southerer like you (Manchester is north of stoke) should enjoy the market, close to Suan Lum are some of the best jazz bars in BKK, open mike scenario, turn up and jam, brown Sugar is my favourate I had a blast in there wirh Mike Box (Uriah Heep) 2 years ago I am praying Ian Hunter shows up in September.

Hasn't it been closed? I used to take people there on short trips - the "Hall" was great open air more like a rectangle stadium huge it was.

Prices and similar things you find a Chatuchuk Market - but open every night.

Those great tall pitchers of Beer with solid ice middles.

Dam good spot.

Haven't rumors of its demise been greatly exaggerated? The experts keep saying this or that and it has supposed to have been closed for years and years but quietly continues on.

But yes, a great place and one of my favorites. It's basically a giant outdoor beer garden with live entertainment. I don't think there is anywhere else that comes close to the number of german beers on offer, and they are from kegs.

i would say, that Suan Lum is currently in a state of "soft closing"; the final closing is approaching, but still some shops open and some beer available. but not comparable with what it once was.

i liked this place very much and took many visitors there. a 3 liter pitcher of Chang in the beergarden with life music was around 300 THB

Archived