John Edwards Admits Sexual Affair

rogueyam

Getting back to the point. Clinton lied about getting his dick sucked under oath in a civil trial.

Most americans still didn't want him impeached (and he should not have as it didn't meet the standard for impeachment but that's another debate for another day).

Its up to the invidual whether or not Edwards can still serve in office.

Again, every one has their own issues in which they will always do the right thing and stand by their word but in other matters won't.

For a lot of people, including a lot of folks on here. They would never conceive of breaking their word to a friend, fellow forum member who they have met, etc. but will have an affair in LOS behind their wives back.

Edwards may or may not be that type of person. My point was that having an affair alone does not mean a person does not have the integrity to serve the people.

I gave examples of famous Americans who served this country well and had affairs. MLK was true to the civil rights movement. He didn't make any money off it. His family actually needed help immediately after is death and then had to make a living with his image rights, speech rights, etc.

However he was banging young, female aides to the movement.

Jefferson was true to the cause of the Revolutionary War, served in office honorable and honesty and was true to his word as a gentleman but was banging his female slaves.

Ben Franklin, wrote articles about integrity and fathered many out of wedlock children.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My point was that having an affair alone does not mean a person does not have the integrity to serve the people.

Similarly, having a squeaky-clean image does not make one qualified for public service either. I don't know (and don't care) if GWB has cheated on his wife, but even if he is as morally superior as he is projected to be, it clearly has not translated in competency or integrity on the job.

Archived