John Edwards Admits Sexual Affair

rogueyam

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of us want our government representative to be better than ourselves than like us.

I'm that way to some extent. Adultery isn't one of my deal breakers.

You can still be a person of integrity and an adulterer.

There are a few of you on here I've met that have integrity, persons of their word but will sneak off to LOS behind the wife's back.

Thomas Jefferson...MLK...Ben Franklin...FDR...JFK...and a host of our most adored and revered Americans who are seen as a beacon of integrity were adulterers and in Franklin's case, the father of more than a few children outside of wedlock.

Being able to turn down all that poon that comes your way as a presidential candidate or high government official takes more will power than almost all men.

I wrote a post about a boss I had that we loved at a former company. Looked out for is. His word or a handshake was gold on something...and he chased some of the hottest poon in the company while married with 2 kids.

RY will fall back on the view that he lied. That is his crime.

But he wont look at how Bush and his entire government lied to the American people and the UN, to justify a war that has killed thousands of Americans and tens of thousands of others.

Hypocrisy in action. Ok, I'm being too kind, it is total dishonest stupidity.

Reframe all you want RY. You support a government (and will vote for the same bunch of people) who perpetrated one of the most non-patriotic acts in all American history.

You and your buddies, who will vote republican, were conned...and the perpetrators of this con will laugh at you, whilst they live in luxury and freedom and continue to abuse their positions. You bought the hype. Suckers.

60 Minutes had Valerie Plame on last night and the very least, Cheney should have been impeached and Dubya was very close to what I deem impeachable offenses. Outting a CIA agent for a political purpose as well as jeapordizing the lives of many people who she had contact with in foreign countries. No telling who was killed or jailed due to being associated with her after the story broke.

The false evidence to go into Iraq is close to if not impeachable. I view impeachment as using the office to committ a crime. It meets that test for me.

Extremely disappointed with the party. If the impeachment of Clinton is seen as justified (which I don't actually) then these actions certainly meet the test in flying colors.

I'm independent for a reason. Both parties are just too dishonest for me. Some years, like these past ones, one party is a lot worse than the other.

Sorry RY, but I do not get the "my commander in chief must have higher morals than Mother Theresa" bit.

Something like a third of all marriages end in divorce, and many of those result due to adultery. So Edwards is hardly alone in his actions. I'm guessing that most adulterers have lied to their spouse about their dalliances. The difference is, for a public figure, the lie becomes public.

What does this possibly have to do with someone's fitness to hold higher office? He lied to his spouse? Who gives a flying fuck? Now, if you want to point out times that he deliberately mislead his constituents for whatever reason on matters related to his job, then that is fair game. Blast away.

RY,

GWB has been proven a liar on a few occasions.Rush Limbaugh initially lied about his drug use and other crap. Bill O'Reilly had his share of scandals involving sexual harassment. These are people you admire and quote, people who You believe do a good job. So the question is, why does lying about an affair mean you would suck at your job?

You can still be a person of integrity and an adulterer.

Can you call an editor and ask him not to mention what you falsely claim are your sincere denials of adultery because of the effect such mention would have on your cancer-stricken wife and still be a person of integrity?

Archived