U.S. Dollar on a roll

FreeTime

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to Bangkokbank.com it's now back down to 33.98 per USD.

Doesn't make any sense to me, why the dollar near a yearly high, is not higher to the baht.

Bank of Thailand, has it fixed, is the only reason, possible.

It should be closer to 40 to 1.

Thailand, is a commodity country, soon the Rice Crop, will be comming in, and they will be the highest price in the world.

How can a country like Thailand fix the bath?? Maybe someone can explain. Thai politics are messed up, tourist numbers decrease heavy but the bath stays strong, weird!! Euro dropping like a stone till 43 bath, pound the same at 54 bath today. But the dollar is still about 34 bath. Hope its not going to happen but still believe the greenback is gonna crash any time soon, what do you guys think??

Dollar and yen are still refuge currencies these days.

Will the USD crash? Don't know and wish it does not happen but is the USD value currently in line with the economic situation in the US, definitely not.

This said, the problem here is the bht and I damn don't know what the Thais are doing

I thought (could be wrong) that Thai economy depended on exportation and tourism

In my simple mind, I think that if Thai products are damn expensive for euros-pound etc... then they will suffer

add to this a strong USA -> knowing that many raw products in the world are still traded in $

Don't know where Thailand is heading to but I don't care.

How can a country like Thailand fix the bath?? Maybe someone can explain. Thai politics are messed up, tourist numbers decrease heavy but the bath stays strong, weird!! Euro dropping like a stone till 43 bath, pound the same at 54 bath today. But the dollar is still about 34 bath. Hope its not going to happen but still believe the greenback is gonna crash any time soon, what do you guys think??

Your right,70% of Thailand GDP, comes from exports, mostly in USD. They are going to have troubles big time, being to expensive, with their products. They picked the wrong time to fix the baht.

This is Politically motivated, I have little doubt.

The dollar will likely continue to rise, till year end, possibly longer.

The dollar got what I call mojo working for it.

http://quotes.ino.com/chart/?s=NYBOT_DX&v=dmax&w=1&t=l&a=100

If I had significant money in baht in Thailand, I'd move it to a USD account. It's a matter of days or a few weeks, before they have to adjusts the baht. Likely, you would gain 5 to 10% or more.

Archived