U.S. Dollar on a roll

FreeTime

ROFLMAO - far better than the article are some of the posts made below it. This is my favourite:

â??Hey Congress, the dry cleaners called. Your brown shirts are ready.â?Â

I'm not even sure how many of today's kiddies would even get the reference, but it really tickled my funnybone. Sadly, they are right about one thing - the war on terror (a moronic phrase at best - its like 'a war on idealism' ..) has given authorities (not just in the US, but all over the Western World) the power they craved to detain people without charge. I'm hoping that Cheney, Rumsfeld and Co return as limbless beggars in their next lives.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sporty,

The dollar situation has to do with the enormous amount of paper/fiat currency they are pounding out to control their self induced insanity.

When you make to much of anything you reduce its intrinsic value.

IMHO opinion Ron Paul has the right idea.

Regarding girls you took me way too literaly.

My reference to sisaket girls was about buying into "spin" because thats about all the US gov has right now.

Sorry I was so sarcastic but the US gov,its fascist positions and its destruction of the dollar is disgusting.

Hope you make a fortune but dont bet on the dollar over the next 2 years.

"Hope you make a fortune but dont bet on the dollar over the next 2 years."

Two Years, NEVER! I review the position daily, sometimes hourly.

12 Months ago, I was on the Euro Side, as the Dollar hit the skids.

Right now,I'm Skidish, as the US FED, is out of control, as far as I am concerned. Do you know, the US Fed has loaned close to a TRILLION, in USD liquidity, to Central Banks Around The World, in the last 30 days.

Here I am, trying to make a buck, knowing that there is a shortage in the world of Green Back for International Transfer, and they are dropping Billions of $, into the checkbooks, of countries.

Just seen Hank Paulson on TV, an hour ago, saying he is working with Central Banks, around the world, That tells me another drop, maybe at 3 AM, EST, following the pattern of the past.

I am playin the shortage, and they are killin the deal, not a fair market at the moment. Since Sept 11, the 3 big down slopes, that is the reason.

http://quotes.ino.com/chart/?s=NYBOT_DX&v=d1

So, for now, I am out, at 1.4340, but I will be back, when I figure things are more normal. I made a good profit, I'll sit on the sidelines for now.

Good news, for the long term of the dollar, the terms of the loans is repayment within two years. YES, if needed they will extend it.

From my observation, Finace in Europe is not in as good shape, as the USA. The Euro will go a lot lower.

Another Poster, said if the Euro gets to 1.35 to the USD, Europe is in trouble both buying and selling goods, I read the same thing. The Euro, has never had big time downward pressure, if it breaks that barrier, Katie bar the door.

By the end of the week, UBS, could be in deep shit, I hope the US FED, stays out of it.

Not exactly what I heard yesterday.

Even a small country as Sweden yesterday increased its guarantee to Fed from 10 billion USD to 30 billion as a loan to support Fed.

Here they reported that Fed now is buying back all dollars they can, coming as a beggar to chinese banks and asks for the price. The comment in Europe is that USA is finished as the only superpower.

USD will go down against OECD currencies, optimists say 20-25 %, pessimists 40-50 %.

Not exactly what I heard yesterday.

Even a small country as Sweden yesterday increased its guarantee to Fed from 10 billion USD to 30 billion as a loan to support Fed.

Here they reported that Fed now is buying back all dollars they can, coming as a beggar to chinese banks and asks for the price. The comment in Europe is that USA is finished as the only superpower.

USD will go down against OECD currencies, optimists say 20-25 %, pessimists 40-50 %.

I do not know what exactly you heard, or who you hearing it from.

If I hear, that, and believe it, I will take the otherside of the trade. NOT what I am hearing.

What I hear, is yesterday, 3 dates were set, for auctioning USD, in Europe, to central banks, over the next 30 days,or so.

If, the Euro drops below, 1.35 to the USD, Airbus will be shipping money, with all the planes on back order.

Today, so far, the NYBOT (Currency trade) has been open 1 1/2 hours, and the EURO is off 2% +. in that time. Now at 1.4040.

Things change, and I will too. I am trying to make money, not wave a flag.

If I was Jean Claude (ECB chairman) I be dropping the interest rate bigtime, take the pain and set the Euro for recovery.

The euro does not need to recover but it is true that ECB needs to lower its rate.

With the USA having ridiculously undervalued their USD (maybe 20-30% undervalued) to try to save the economy it harms EU exporters/producers

(although importers are quite happy).

The US are a big country and this is not the first crisis they go through so they will recover one day or another.

This said, I don't see the US remaining the "leading economy" in the world for long as their economic model obviously failed.

(and some European countries which copied this model are paying the price too, UK, Ireland, Spain for example).

Let's face it but the US first and the western countries second are not going to be winners on the middle or long term.

Now here in China.

Shopping around, I find the prices high.

often the same pricing as in the USA.

Food and meals are cheap if you go "local".

I picked up a bottle of wine, not so good, for 35 Yuan ($5 USD). For the price vs quality, it was very expensive!

Clothes, expensive.

However, the Chinese seem to have money. The stores are packed and they are buying!

I see no slow down in the economy here.

Last year I was getting about 8 Yuan for $1 USD.

Now, about 6.8 Yuan for $1 USD.

The dollar is on a roll...downhill!!!

Yes, the dollar is on a roll... more like a rollercoaster though. Up and down, up and down, and still not breaking 35 baht per dollar. How long can the BoT keep the dollar/baht exchange around 34 or so? We'll see once the financial crisis truly hits the Thais, and I do believe it will one day soon enough. Already has in many ways. House of cards, and a stiff wind blowing through the land one day soon.

Yes, the dollar is on a roll... more like a rollercoaster though. Up and down, up and down, and still not breaking 35 baht per dollar. How long can the BoT keep the dollar/baht exchange around 34 or so? We'll see once the financial crisis truly hits the Thais, and I do believe it will one day soon enough. Already has in many ways. House of cards, and a stiff wind blowing through the land one day soon.

I do not think they can hold the Dollar back much longer. The gotta be have lots of export troubles, with commodities.

"But world rice prices declined in August, and Thai rice exports, deemed overpriced because of a domestic price-support scheme, have faltered."

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/breakingnews.php?id=131013"

US $ hits one year high, Intra day, today. http://quotes.ino.com/chart/?s=NYBOT_DX&v=d1

Archived