My relative or friend has a relationship with you-not me.

Mike Goodtime

RANT ALLERT!

Has either of the following happened to you or have you subjected anyone to the below:

You are a child and your parents get divorced. You still want to have a relationship with your parents. The problem crops up that whomever your father or mother is banging suddenly becomes attached at the hip to your father or mother. From this point on you cannot have a decent conversation or relationship with your mother or father because their new other half is always breathing down your and your parent's neck whenever you want some privacy with your parent.

You have a friend or sibling. Your friend or sibling gets married. Now you cannot have a decent conversation or privay with you friend or sibling because his wife or her husband is breathing down your and your friend's neck whenever you want some privacy or just want to hang out with him or her.

All these senarios are happening in my life. It just pisses me off. It could be six months since I have seen my parent, sibling, or friend and their intimate partners want to butt their nose into the small bit of time I want to spend with my parent, sibling,or friend. I want to say: Are you so insecure, co-dependent, etc. that you cannot give me a mire couple hours of privacy with my parent, sibling,or friend! My parent, sibling, or friend has a relationship with you! I have no relationship with you! Butt out and get a life!

By the way, I have said the above; but it went in one ear and out the other of the co-dependent low lifes.

OK, rant over.

Thanks,

Mike

I will soon be 40 years old. The parent thing has been going on since I was 10 years old, but the friend and sibling thing is only within the last year or so.

It just drives me crazy. Their partners are with them unless they are working. I am pretty much a loner and only see my brother or friends about once a month at the most for a few hours. Yeah, I think it is major control issues with their partners. Plus, when their partners find out how much I love being single, my "popularity" goes way down them.

Well, I hate to say it, but sounds like your parents, brother and friend have all moved on to truly intimate relationships and you havenâ??t. Your blaming the partners strikes me as somewhat of transference thing hiding the fact that at 40 you have been unable to either find or sustain an intimate relationship with someone of the opposite sex (as everyone else has).

But, that is just my opinion and what do I know.

:dunno:

Well, I hate to say it, but sounds like your parents, brother and friend have all moved on to truly intimate relationships and you havenâ??t. Your blaming the partners strikes me as somewhat of transference thing hiding the fact that at 40 you have been unable to either find or sustain an intimate relationship with someone of the opposite sex (as everyone else has).

But, that is just my opinion and what do I know.

:dunno:

I know this the typical reply people "in love" give, but I don't fall into this category. I know the dirty secrets behind all this love crap in intimate relationships, marriages, etc. It is more about money than love most of the time. Plus, I am not the one asking to meet up. My friends and siblings call me first and ask to meet up with them. The problem is they also have to drag along their co-dependent and needy other half. Everyone is a predator on some level be it for money, emotional support, etc. Love is blind!

Cheers,

Mike

Archived