Who really won the Olympics?

Neo

yes i thought of Platini as a prick as a generalisation.

he wants to change the rules of the sacred game against the wishes of millions and i stick by my my thoughts.

but you called me a name to my face which is different and now you suggest i might be homophobic......

my best man was gay,the person who gave my ex away was gay,i currently have the GF's gay Brother staying with me and my working buddy of 28 Years is gay.

so i doubt wether i could be classed as homophobic.

just because i didn't join in your wish to watch naked men wrestling each other does not mean you should make assumptions about me......

however i do agree that maybe one flag might be the idea,i have no problem with that.

but many of the Athletes take much pride in waving the flag and some have the honour of carrying the National flag in the Ceremonies.

you think they are not proud?.

and yes i will celebrate every success "my" boys have and not forgetting "my" girls as well.

these are people who have trained hard for Years and endured a lot more than me.

some only get a once in a lifetime's chance to achieve something and i applaud them all....... :)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i've been watching the Paralympics with interest.

i worked with disabled children for a couple of Years and spent many times with them in hydrotherapy pools and that is why i am amazed at the swimming in the Paralympics.

swimmers from many Nations competing in events like the breaststroke and backstroke and they have no arms........i find this incredible.

who really won the Olympics?.

no Nation is a winner,all the Athletes are winners.

watched my Athlete of the Year win her 2nd Gold.

many have won more medals in both Olympic and Paralympics but Ellie Simmonds in the swimming was incredible.

a 13 y.o dwarf(i hate that word but people understand it more than PORG)who has delighted many people.

her fellow Athletes adore and her admire her so much and to see her break the World Record by almost 7 Seconds was heartwarming.

and she gives a great interview,such an old head on young shoulders.

she can be such an insperation for ALL future disadvantaged people.

Archived