Who really won the Olympics?

Neo

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I expect she'd all sorts in her.

Just another child of the world. :)

I say let's do away with all this divisive nationalistic crap and fly only the Olympic flag during these events.

And of course, all the events should also be performed in the nude, like the original Greek games, as well. :nahnah:

so i'm a knucklehead for not wanting to watch naked Men doing their thing.

Not at all. :rolleyes: I said that because my post was not about some frivilous bullshit like perverts leering at naked athletes. :nono:

My post was about abolishing national *pride* in sports - specifically the Olympic Games.

The reference to nudity was an admission that we will see the Olympics performed in the nude (as was the case in the original games)before we will see the Games free from the stain of nationalism.

Especially in light of the recent Games, where we saw that for nearly a decade the ruling Communist Party had made the Games an organizing principle in national life. Almost nothing had superseded the Olympics as a political priority in China.

The Beijing Games reflected the might of the centralized power of China's authoritarian system: The stunning sports stadiums contributed to a $43 billion price tag for the Games that was almost completely absorbed by the state. China's 51 gold medals, the most of any nation, were the product of a [color:red]state-controlled sports machine[/color].

That is what I am refering to. :)

isn't that the idea of big sporting events?.

that ordinary mortals can cheer on their winners(and near winners)and wave a flag?.

the Brits have little success in such Competitions so why is it bad for us to celebrate a little?.

but i still think a little uncalled for you to call me a knucklehead because i find the idea of naked athletes a little strange.

you can talk about this and that but name calling is not a nice thing.

isn't that the idea of big sporting events?. that ordinary mortals can cheer on their winners(and near winners)and wave a flag?. [color:brown]No, not even close. The Olympics embody the spirit of competition. So, as previously mentioned, for all those who want to get caught up in the moment, waive the Olympic flag of unity.[/color]

the Brits have little success in such Competitions so why is it bad for us to celebrate a little?. [color:brown]Celebrate all you want when "your" boys come home - if that is so important to you.[/color]

but i still think a little uncalled for you to call me a knucklehead because i find the idea of naked athletes a little strange. [color:brown]Sounds like a personal problem - homophobic tendencies perhaps.[/color]

you can talk about this and that but name calling is not a nice thing. [color:brown]So then, why did you call Platini a prick? Assuming that you mean Michel Platini - the 1985 World Footballer of the Year and UEFA President - what have you ever done that would necessitate this very rude remark?[/color]

sorry Mr.JT.

but i must celebrate an instance in the Paralympics.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/disability_sport/7603402.stm

no matter the Girl is English,just a remarkable result.

a 13 Year old born with dwarfism wins Gold....... :applause::applause::applause:

is it wrong to cheer these disabled persons on when competing?.

is it wrong to congratulate any Athlete from any Country with a disability who wins any colour of medal?.

these people are the true heroes of sport,forget your Bolts and Phelps.......

but i had to laugh(which i know i shouldn't)when i heard the British BLIND 5 a-side Football Team lost 3-0....... :closemouth:

i know we often accuse Refs of being blind but a Football Team............ :tophat:

Archived