Pattaya

chelseafan

Jeez, I know its the low-season, but I have never seen Pattaya so quiet. Bars that are generally packed to the rafters come 10pm (we are the world is a good indicator) are pretty much empty. Also noticed many closed bars and restaurants a lot with for-sale signs

With the economic turndown, Is this a sign of things to come ?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to agree with Chelseafan. Business in Pattaya is definitely slow. Even Happy Agogo was pretty empty last Saturday. Except Lucifer and Insomnia (after 3am) all major Discos are struggling. New places like Ocean 11, the club at Bali Hali (name?) and Hammer were totally empty.

On the downside; yes there are plenty of girls but hardly any stunners. They seem to have disappeared. Probably living upcountry on the monthly pay checks from their various sponsors...

Also some girls' expectations are still high. Talked to a cutie in new club in Soi Diana. I have been the only customer just 20min before closing time. Still she insisted that I pay the 500 THB barfine and asked for 1500 ST or 2500 for LT...

Just ridiculous for Pattaya during low season.

And...I agree with Hardy641...

Not as many lookers and both BF's and LT/ST asking prices are often ridiculous on Walking Street. So,I rarely even venture to Walking Street anymore. BF's have even significantly increased on Yod Sak (Soi-6). Yet S/T's are still 500-Bt for the Beach Rd. gals...and there are actually some winners there!

Archived