Sak Yant Tattoo

youngfarang

The professional places dont do it the traditional way. That is the whole point of the tattoo I want. Believe me I'm not going to get the tattoo if I dont think it's 100 percent safe. I'm trying to find out every possible way to make it safer for me. One more question. Do different monks have different rules or are the same rules for every monk and tattoo you recieve?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yf the point I was trying to make from that blog was that you can get the same tattoo but in the western way as suggested by CTO.

You said it was something to remember your trip to LOS so how you get the tattoo done shouldn't be an issue.

"...Do different monks have different rules or are the same rules for every monk and tattoo you recieve?..."

I think so, to a certain point anyway. Wat Bang Phra is well known among farangs, so maybe o.k. but maybe do some research with guys who have been there and had Yants done. The link I included previously should direct you to some forums.

As for the rules...I think they are also laid out in the link /website as well. Basically, live a good clean life. They may be expressed as "...don't eat certain foods (follow a good healthy diet) don't touch women's clothing especially when she is menstruating (don't fuck around) etc..."

I have a t-shirt with your intended yant on it, so I'll bring it to the local temple in 2 weeks, and ask the monks there about it. I'll also bring a picture of your work.

yf the point I was trying to make from that blog was that you can get the same tattoo but in the western way as suggested by CTO.

You said it was something to remember your trip to LOS so how you get the tattoo done shouldn't be an issue.

To me how/where you get it is as important as what you get, concerning Yants anyway. The ritual of a temple is a good memory compared to a sterile shop on Khao Sarn road. Or maybe not.

As for why Farangs get them, and how it may look, consider that certain people are into certain aspects of a culture more than others. Myself, I collect amulets, mostly given to me by friends and people I meet. I'd like to know more about them, but as most of the stuff is written in Thai, my available information is limited.

Also, many people who are into Muay Thai boxing fall into wanting a Yant at some point, mainly for the cultural aspects as it relates to the sport. sort of like "...one more part of the sport..." Maybe hard to understand if you are not into this sort of thing.

Actually it would mean more to me if I did it the traditional way with a monk. But if I could get it done the traditional way say on kal son road then I might consider it if I don't resolve the sterility issues with the temples.

Getting shot and killed on the streets of Thailand isn't my number 1 concern. It's not like I'm going to walk down the streets with no shirt on with a huge sign on my head saying I have a yant.

Very true, young man, very true.

However, if you do happen to walk down the streets with no shirt on, with a yant, you do have an invisible sign on your head saying 'Im a total tosspot, look at me silly wee tat'

Archived