New Orleans Residents Are Ordered to Flee Hurricane

Flashermac

Rogue, you got me totally wrong: I never criticized preparation nor is this hindsight. I fully support preparing for the worst. But people aren't doing that, that's why you get billions in damages each go. Gustav is no more news worthy than the dry season in Isaan. It is just part of a normal seasonal weather pattern that happens every year there. We know about how many hurricanes there will be, how big they will be, and the places they will go. Big ones are newsworthy like as Katrina or Andrew. But most are just a waste of news space.

Gustav has weakened to cat 2 and dropping and hasn't even made land yet. So much for "the mother of all storms". I think crying wolf like this is dangerous in the long run. They need to be more honest with people about real world probabilities instead of using scare tactics like this.

Your post makes no sense but it would probably be a waste of time to explain why. I think your problem is stupidity.

Ask yourself, how is it that you knew 72 hours ago that the damage to New Orleans from Gustav would be far less than that from Katrina? If your answer is that you didn't know, then re-read your post and ask yourself how it is that you came to post such a pile of incoherent crap.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rogue' date=' you got me totally wrong: I never criticized preparation nor is this hindsight. I fully support preparing for the worst. But people aren't doing that, that's why you get billions in damages each go. Gustav is no more news worthy than the dry season in Isaan. It is just part of a normal seasonal weather pattern that happens every year there. We know about how many hurricanes there will be, how big they will be, and the places they will go. Big ones are newsworthy like as Katrina or Andrew. But most are just a waste of news space.

Gustav has weakened to cat 2 and dropping and hasn't even made land yet. So much for "the mother of all storms". I think crying wolf like this is dangerous in the long run. They need to be more honest with people about real world probabilities instead of using scare tactics like this.

[/quote']

Your post makes no sense but it would probably be a waste of time to explain why. I think your problem is stupidity.

Ask yourself, how is it that you knew 72 hours ago that the damage to New Orleans from Gustav would be far less than that from Katrina? If your answer is that you didn't know, then re-read your post and ask yourself how it is that you came to post such a pile of incoherent crap.

Sounds like its time to re-titrate your meds again.

When one is unable to continue to discuss an issue but instead turns to a personal attack, it means they have lost and conceded defeat. That is my take of what has just happened.

Your other option would be to notice that your accusation of "crying wolf" directly contradicts your claim that you neither criticised preparations nor engaged in hindsight. These things simply cannot all be true at once.

I'm not disagreeing that this was a no-win for authorities. However, you know that because they over-stated this one, the next one will have people scoffing like they did with Katrina.

But the real story was the failure ("overtopping" as repeated by CNN) of the levees with a small storm (a weak 2) when they are designed for 3s and hoped to be better than that. Criminal negligence?

That and the ridiculous pandering by the McSame camp by going there disrupting the preparations. He's such a scumbag. As if the leaders down there had nothing better to do than to entertain his photo op rather than concentrate on saving their people. :banghead:

Exactly how many times, throughout his lengthy congressional career, has McSame felt compelled to visit emergency-response teams in advance of a disaster, form briefing committees on the eve of the disaster, and return to the scene of the disaster immediately afterwards? If the answer is "zero," it certainly suggests McSame's new-found interest in natural disasters may have something to do with political opportunism (I'm shocked...shocked I tell you :banghead: ).

John McCain doesn't have a background in emergency response or disaster relief. None of the people working on the ground answer to him directly, so it's not like he can give orders or manage the response. Indeed, there's literally no reason at all to think McSame will be in a position to help recovery efforts in any substantive way.

Cheers,

SD

That and the ridiculous pandering by the McSame camp by going there disrupting the preparations. He's such a scumbag. As if the leaders down there had nothing better to do than to entertain his photo op rather than concentrate on saving their people.

Tell that to the thousands of leftists who screamed themselves red in the face at Pres. Bush for not going to N.O. in the immediate aftermath of Katrina.

Archived