Face book?

Lusty

I joined this the other day and low and behold,within 48 hours you have link to virtually everyone you've ever met in your life!

How the fuck does this work?

Seems very spooky to me :(

BUT on the plus side its great for perving at the photo albums of the local crumpet" :p

I can see lots of potential for getting up to all sorts of mischief via this site PLUS the outside chance of a shag:shocked:

Lusty - bin the whole idea of Facebook or MySpace. There's something very creepy about those netwoking sites...and please - don't send me an 'invite'. They go straight in the trash.

I can see your point of view though.This is what I was trying to get across in the first post.

Yes it does seem a bit sinister and could be seriously misused by unsavory individuals.

I'm just very curious how all the info is compiled and how the server uncannily seems to know and is in most cases correct people you may know?:confused:

Perhaps KS or Carlton68 or any of the boards resident "Tech-heads" could shed some light on this?

I'm starting to think that the internet has the potential to be the tool of the Devil.

Hi,

I for one really don't get the Facebook, MySpace, Hi5, whatever sites. Must be a generation thing.

Sanuk!

I don't go near them. A couple of years ago, I thought I drunkenly forgot to tip a really hot Chinese cocktail waitress in the states. Uni girl. The next day, I felt guilty about it, googled her name, found her Myspace page, signed up and emailed her apologetically about the night before, asking if I'd remembered to tip her.

Her email reply was nasty. Said a man my age shouldn't be on Myspace and "I weirded her out"...like I was basically stalking her. We talked about it in person later, but not before she got the sense to make her MySpace page private.

No hard feelings though. Just a naive girl, thinking the internet only belonged to her generation. I wasn't stalking her, just trying to get a hold of her, like you'd look through the phone directory, in Flasher's day. :)

Hi,

I for one really don't get the Facebook, MySpace, Hi5, whatever sites. Must be a generation thing.

Sanuk!

I frequently hear kids (as in those under 30 or so) saying "...ok dude, well hit me up at my space..." Which is kid speak for "you can locate my contact information at the my space.com website..."

Archived