Tourists flee chaos, cancel bookings

elef

Gee, I had no idea it was so bad here. I'd better wear a steel pot and flak jacket when I go out today. I'll advise the BGs to wear them over their bare bods when dancing too ...

Maybe I need to sandbag the house, put out some concertina wire and trip flares. Wonder if they sell claymores at Chatuchak. :hmmm:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An M-16A1 used to go for about 6,000 baht on the black market, complete with one loaded banana clip. Frag grenades as low as 60 baht. Never saw an Uzi, but your friendly Cambodian arms smuggler can probably get you one.

Forget the bazooka. Almost obsolete and a 2-man weapon. Get an RPG launcher or a LAW. :)

03/09/2008 10:57 - Post#716440

More countries issue travel warnings against Thailand visit

Singapore, China, Taiwan, New Zealand, Switzerland, France and Denmark have joined the group of countries who have issued travel warnings against travelling into Thailand.

Since Thailand announced the state of emergency on Tuesday, five countries immediately issued the warnings - Australia, Canada, Japan, South Korea and United Kingdom.

Association of Thai Travel Agents (ATTA) president Apichart Sankary said the political unrest should end before September 15, which is the start of the high season of tourism industry.

Prakit Shinamourphong, president of Thai Hotels Association (THA), said business operators are worrying over political turmoil. "It is too soon to finalise the degree of impact on the hotel and tourism business, but operators are not happy with the situation," said Prakit.

A number of tourists have checked out from hotels in Thailand for fears that state enterprises' labour union strikes could disrupt their travelling plans. Importantly, the Hat Yai International Airport has remained shut down while some train services to the South are halted.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2008/09/03/busines...

Archived