Tourists flee chaos, cancel bookings

elef

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Current political turmoil has already affected tourism both in the short- and medium-term, with the number of international arrivals having fallen by 70 per cent, according to the Thai Tourism Services Association

Puhleade. I don`t buy that.

I realize that a large percentage of international arrivals are from Asia, but still...

I have access to exact information on flights from my country to BKK and during the last 8 years I have never seen a similar occupancy on those flights.

The occupancy hasn`t changed one bit during the last 3-4 weeks despite of whatever political turmoil is going on in Thailand.

I should know that, still looking for a flight with 4 vacant seats!

what a bunch of pussys. the shining path didn't stop me travelling to peru, this little blip wouldn't stop me if i was in a position to go to los.

Come on, usually holiday makers avoid countries/area with conflicts. Holiday is (ideally) about having fun, fleeing from daily trouble, whatever.

Probably 90% of the tourist don't have a deeper interest in their holiday destination. If there are troubles reported (and common tourist don't have the knowledge to decide how or if trouble will affect them) they just switch the destination.

Nothing wrong with that.

Archived