PC doesn't recognize iPod

soongmak

Bought an iPod classic two weeks ago, with the idea of putting all my music on it. I managed exactly one time to get some music on it, but now my PC and iTunes do not recognize the iPod. My iPod invariably shows the message: OK to disconnect. WTF! I just plugged it in, I don't want to disconnect!

These are the things I tried:

Switching USB ports

Reinstalling iTunes

Putting the iPod in Disc mode

Resetting the iPod

Changing USB Cable

But, no success. The iPod works fine on my parent's laptop though. Does anybody have any ideas. I am tempted the chuck the iPod in the waste basket.

My set up:

Pentium 4 3.2 Ghz dual processor

1 Gb Memory

Windows XP SP3

If there's anybody with some ideas how to make it work I would be most grateful.

Cheers!

Glad to be of service Big Fellow, the combined techie knowledge of this board is quite deep which considering we started out as a mongers board way back then shows how much it (we) has (have) progressed over the years.

I have been playing around with iPhones / Windows interfaces with both First Gen 2.5G and the 3G, Jailbreaking (Cracking) the buggers as a hobby whilst taking time out "between projects" so I recognised what your problem was straight away, I have had many a :banghead: moment along the way, 15 minutes on the balcony and a herbal toke usually gets the train of thought back on track.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend with your young family, I can suss out most techie problems but I was a useless parent :dunno:

If kids came with Fortran or C++ I may have understood them :beer:

I had ripped my entire cd library, tagged them, , put the album artwork of all my cd's in the tags and normalized them. It is a joy to have them all perfectly stacked in my iPod. I love the cover flow aspect. Flipping through your cd's as if you really brought them. Cool! Now I can take them anywhere. Next time I'm in LOS I need to buy you a couple of beers! Thanks for doing the hard work for me. :):beer:

What's the going rate for the 3G iPhone in BKK and is it 100% useable? I'm not sure I could really learn to live with it but if the price was right I might give it a go. I would however hate to lose my always ready in the pocket GPS that my HTC has. Is there at least software to work with a bluetooth GPS add on?

Archived