When will the US financial baillout occur?

Tiger Moth

RY, you have just proved that capitalistic market operations is beyond your feeble comprehension capabilities.

The value of the bond is set in the bond market trading. If countries decide to dump Treasury bonds the value of the bonds would plummet.

You are confusing two subjects.

One is the auction of newly issued bonds, the other is the trading of previously-issued bonds.

Thus, you continue to post nonsense.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From your link:

"We send your request to the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, which offers your security to different brokers, selling it to the highest bidder."

This is the bondholder X selling to new purchaser Y stuff I was talking about. This is not the U.S. Treasury redeeming the bond early.

rogie, the question was can a person sell their treasury bonds before they are due and the answer is YES. You claimed the answer was NO which is wrong. I proved you wrong which means you owe shyguy an apology.

If you go to the Treasury Department website Treasury Website , they will direct you to the Treaury Direct's website. That is where I directed you to.

Of course shygye is correct. The value of newly issued bonds is established by the prevailing interest rate. If enough traders and/or bondholders decided to dump their bonds the value would plummet and interest rates would have to rise.

Another scenario is if enough people cash their bonds in and refuse to reinvest in bonds, the country goes down the shitter.

Looks like they signed the bailout

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/financial_meltdown

Sorry to see this passed and you just know they are going to try and spend it all. I hope the final draft removed any language about Paulson can operate outside the court system.

To have that in the original bill just shows the arrogance.

Sad that Obama supported but I knew he would. McCain supporting was not good as well. If he wanted to be a maverick he'd have opposed it. I understood why they all voted for it. The doom and gloom rhetoric was similar to the Iraq invasion vote. They were more worried about being wrong than going with their gut that it was wrong to support it.

Sorry to see this passed and you just know they are going to try and spend it all. I hope the final draft removed any language about Paulson can operate outside the court system.

Sad that Obama supported but I knew he would. McCain supporting was not good as well. If he wanted to be a maverick he'd have opposed it. I understood why they all voted for it. The doom and gloom rhetoric was similar to the Iraq invasion vote. They were more worried about being wrong than going with their gut that it was wrong to support it.

Thats the Democrats for you! And you can't forget about Pelosi.

Thats the Democrats for you! And you can't forget about Pelosi.

I guess the Republicans who signed the bill are on your death list. Also' date=' GWB has to sign his signature to the bill to make it go into effect. [b']Is GWB going to be on your death list also?

Can't have it both ways, can you?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27005897

Citibank is upset Wells Fargo has bid on Wachovia. The stronger banks were going to eat up the weak ones. Had the bailout occured earlier and under the original provision, the Tresury would have paid for Wachovia's assets and wasted billions of tax payer money.

I still haven't seen any sign that the sky fell. The system is doing well on its own.

YF, I'm more upset at the Republicans. I'm not a Democrat but the Dems are at least keeping to their ideals. They believe the government should step in when appropriate. We all differ with what is appropriate.

The Republicans are the ones acting outside their ideology and showing true hypocracy. At least with the Dems I know what I'm getting. I don't with the Republicans anymore. They all repeat what they want to stand for and do the opposite.

The renegade Republicans in the house that held out are the only ones I have respect for. Not even all of them. Some voted no originally only because their constituents were overwhelmingly against it.

Anyway, the free market seems to be working without the bailout and that is my point.

We can forget about ANY programs by Obama or McCain if either wins. I can understand both sticking to their tax cut statements and spending measures but it ain't gonna happen. "That dog don't hunt" as they say in the south. Not sure if its apropos or in context? Anyway, my cynicism has gotten worse.

Archived