When will the US financial baillout occur?

Tiger Moth

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not even an attempt to hide the racism?

This reminds me of Nazi propaganda pre-WW2.

Your "arguments" are almost a satire of leftism.

Your arguments (well, your cut-n-paste of someone else's arguments) show a stunning ignorance of financial markets, business and the cause of this mess. But I'd expect no less.

If you want to learn something, try this link: http://www.milkeninstitute.org/10022008slides.pdf (PDF file). But I'm sure you won't bother, cuz it will destroy your racist hateful belief system.

Cheers,

SD

rogie' date=' didn't you claim in a recent post you are a [b']Facsist[/b]?

rogie, haven't you been accused over and over again about your hatred for Blacks?

rogie, haven't you alienated yourself from most of the board by the names you call us?

rogie haven't you repeatedly called me a Leftist when in effect, your life sounds very much like a Leftist when compared to mine?

Your arguments (well, your cut-n-paste of someone else's arguments) show a stunning ignorance of financial markets, business and the cause of this mess. But I'd expect no less.

If you want to learn something, try this link: http://www.milkeninstitute.org/10022008slides.pdf (PDF file). But I'm sure you won't bother, cuz it will destroy your racist hateful belief system.

You post an 84 page pdf slideshow without comment and expect that to impress?

What a joke!

You're racist. Admit it...we all know you are anyway, your posts prove it. You can't help yourself. You find it funny to take swipes at CS and post links indicating your prejudice.

Psychologically you're a mess (ironically that's the reason you lash out...bitterness and pent up resentment do that to a person). You need help RY. My worry is you're not intellectually capable of accessing help, as you're unaware of your condition and aren't possessed of the necessary cognitive development, that would allow you to recognise your pathology.

This isn't a swipe at you. It is the truth. You have some really serious interpersonal and infrapersonal problems. Deep-seated anger at something.

Racism is indicative of such a pathology. Extremes in behaviour inform others of disturbed thinking and past emotional trauma. Nature abhors a vacuum...

I've heard a few conservative pundits try to put it out there that it was Clinton's Community Reinvestment Act in the '90s that they blame on the crisis. The Clinton administration was presented with evidence that lenders would not provide mortgages to credit worthy applicants in depressed areas. There were people who had union jobs, city jobs, etc., with stable incomes living in these areas but were denied by banks.

I've heard a few put this out there that it was loans to minorities that were to blame and perhaps trying to make it this election's financial version of the Willie Horton ad.

The problem with what RY is insinuating is that if that was the case then wouldn't just about all mortgage holders that would were in trouble be minorities?

How does one explain the millions of whites who are losing their homes with these subprime mortgages? There are many black and latino households in trouble but from what I can tell its not exclusively so.

If anything, there is some evidence that lenders targeted the poor and working class of all etnicities by not fully explaining what they were getting into.

However, some people argue that its the applicant's responsibility.

The problem with what RY is insinuating is that if that was the case then wouldn't just about all mortgage holders that would were in trouble be minorities?

As usual you make a simple error in logic.

The rules for how mortgage eligibility was determined were changed for the reasons those rules were changed. Then the new rules were applied to whoever came in seeking a mortgage. No one on the right has claimed that fiscally imprudent mortgages were made available only to non-white people. The observation is that fiscally imprudent mortgages were brought into existence because leftists were dissatisfied with the number of non-whites who were qualifying for fiscally prudent ones, and then those fiscally imprudent mortgages were obtained by unqualified home buyers of all ethnicities.

{ x } edited - uncalled for. Mod 3

... and of course Bush applauded the high level of home ownership in his State of the Union speeches.

The bubble started when banks, etc began depending on home prices to continue rising at 15+% rate. Then it made no difference if the applicant could pay. You just foreclose and make even more money selling the home for 30% more.

Archived