Austrias far right surge

Guest baldrick

europe is progressive and free of bigotry and stuff like that!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Yep, that's too good to be true. Nevertheless "Creationism" and the other Christian right wing stuff is not that wide spread.

But we have our share of racism, mostly (right wing) radicalism and nationalism as well. In Germany especially some East German counties are becoming more and more dangerous for foreigners or foreign looking people and the neofaschists (NPD) are gaining there in politics on town hall level.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must admit I don't know anything about Austrian politics, so it would be interesting to know how right wing these parties really are. Opinion polls in my native Norway shows Fremskritspartiet (in English "The progress party") as the one with most support. They are by some often labeled as far right, racist and a general threat to society. I often see this recited in foreign media and it is just ridiculous. I would not be surprised if it is somewhat the same story in Austria. In Norway neo-nazis dont get support in 20-30% range, but other political parties have a vested interest to scare voters away from their opponents. I really find it hard to believe that neo-nazis would get much support anywhere in Europe, and the fact the mentioned Austrtian party have goverend in a coalition goverment goes quite far in telling that they are not that extreme.

There are lies, damned lies and then there are news...

Paillote

Kamui, the Turks will be the majority in Germany in less than 30 year, we will all be alive ( hopefully ) to see that day when it arrives unless we do something.

Yes or No, when the Turks have the majority in what was Germany do you think the Turks will treat the native Germans with the same respect the native Germans treated the Turks when they were in the minority?

You may not worry yourself as you like a good proportion here will be living in Issan or somewhere in Thailand enjoying life as I will be hopefully.

But for christs sake have some foresight and thought for your children or other younger family members, living in a majority islamic europe will be hell, certainly not the free life you enjoyed growing up.

Its as simple as that.

STH

I dont at the moment, I may do so in the future. I am not that keen on politicians of whatever ilk.

Its not being paranoid to worry about Islam. If you have travelled in any western european cities lately you will see the muslim ghettos.

Your like one of those lefties who lives in a village resembling a miss marple set, who then tells those exposed to Somalians, Nigerians, gypsies that we should all love them, yet you yourself never suffer them.

I wish Kamui would go and see the damage the Turks are doing to some German cities.

I was in Berlin 2 weeks ago and from what I could see of certain areas they were running amok, hassling the law abiding Germans and tourists.

Faustian, are you of Turkish origin?

STH

"If you have travelled in any western european cities lately you will see the muslim ghettos"

Actually as long as the poorer muslims stay in getthos and one finds preserved areas, those cities remain quite liveable, Paris 7th arrondissement is a magnificicient instance of relatively arab free european nice area, Mayfair does also feel fairly safe as I have no issue whatsoever with wealthier middle eastern families who visit or live there. Have a look in the Champs Elysees on a saturday night and you can get a glance at the beasts roaming the streets free... a little disturbing indeed...

I dont at the moment, I may do so in the future. I am not that keen on politicians of whatever ilk.

Its not being paranoid to worry about Islam. If you have travelled in any western european cities lately you will see the muslim ghettos.

Your like one of those lefties who lives in a village resembling a miss marple set, who then tells those exposed to Somalians, Nigerians, gypsies that we should all love them, yet you yourself never suffer them.

I wish Kamui would go and see the damage the Turks are doing to some German cities.

I was in Berlin 2 weeks ago and from what I could see of certain areas they were running amok, hassling the law abiding Germans and tourists.

Faustian, are you of Turkish origin?

STH

No, I'm of English, French, German, Italian, Welsh and Jewish origin, but I look thoroughly english and to all intents and purposes I'm english.

Your view is paranoid, the incumbent population (dare I say indigenous?) of Europe wont allow an overthrow. There'd be bloodshed. I'm sorry but you've bought into the nationalistic bullshit, no doubt as it was already part of you. Please see the thread elsewhere on right wing personality types. I know it'll make no difference, you can't change who you are, even when faced with irrefutable evidence, but it's worth a shot...

You have nothing to fear, but fear itself.......

I for one would fight tooth and nail to protect western society. I'm confident that will never be required.

Btw, I'm not a lefty. I don't adhere to any recognised label, taking the good from all political ideologies and rejecting the bad. Try not to copy RY.

"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel"

Your view is paranoid, the incumbent population (dare I say indigenous?) of Europe wont allow an overthrow. There'd be bloodshed. I'm sorry but you've bought into the nationalistic bullshit, no doubt as it was already part of you.

There is a difference between assertion and argument. Anyone who substitutes the former for the latter must be a poor scientist.

Archived