any point pre booking bkk hotels for oct?

belfastish

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, internet prices are usually always cheaper.

In fact, say if you booked on the internet for 5 days, but decided to stay an additional 5 days after you checked in and did that by going to the desk, you would be paying a higher rate for the second 5 days.(usually). Of course, you could always go back on the internet before the second 5 days comes up and book it there.

BTW, in 2007, i stayed in the concorde swiss and saw a sign stating that if you bring a guest in your room, there would be a surcharge.

Earlier this month a friend of mine wanted to extend his stay at the Regency Park, Suk Soi 22, by one night. He had booked the previous nights on the internet at a discount rate and the hotel insisted on charging him the standard rate for the extra night. So he crossed the road to an internet shop and booked the additional night on line. Can't say I'd have bothered to save a couple of hundred baht though.

Regency Park I believe is a hotel which doesn't charge for guests if you book through the hotel but does if you discount book online. Worth considering if you are bringing a girl back most nights, i.e., discount rate + visitor charge will probably be more than standard hotel rate.

I had the same problem at the Novotel on Soi 33, being charged guest fees because I was an "internet customer." Pissed me off so I changed hotels, which brings to mind other disadvantages of pre-paying through an online agency: you lose flexibility, there's a cancellation penalty and it can take a while to get a refund.

I normally just book directly with the usual places and get better rates than those I see online.

hi all

i arrive bkk sat morning,is there much point in me booking or just arrive,ive heard its not busy so everywhere so be ok to turn up?

thinking of swiss hotel or majesticsuites,both gf friendly still?

thanks

belfastish,

Majestic Suites is pretty booked up till the middle of Jan, give or take a few days and the most expensive Deluxe rooms. Swiss Park Superior rooms are pretty booked up as well.

From what I have seen both the Executive rooms ( Swiss Park) and Deluxe rooms( Majestic Suites) are simply not worth it and so expensive. Location has something to do with it I guess.

Anyway,

You would definitely get a room at Darjelling. Bkk's best secret for the time being.

Tim

Archived