Austrian leader Haider dies in car crash

Mentors

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Police official Friedrich Hrast said the accident happened early Saturday morning in the south of the country when Haider's car veered off the road near the city of Klagenfurt and overturned. He suffered severe injuries to his head and chest and was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead, Hrast said. Haider was alone in the car at the time of the accident.

The charismatic Haider was governor of the province of Carinthia and leader of the far-right Alliance for the Future of Austria.

"For us, it's like the end of the world," Haider's spokesman, Stefan Petzner, told the Austria Press Agency.

Austrian President Heinz Fischer described Haider's death as a "human tragedy."

-Associated Press

the eu, and the rest of the world, should demand austrians celebrate and piss on this runt's grave on penalty of exclusion from eu and un...

...good riddance...

what a complete disrespectful bullshit! he was a far right wing politician, but not a Nazi! (i would not have vote for him, if i was a austrian, but i respected him as one of the few capable politicians in Europe)

Fortunately we do not run US politics in Europe, where some idiots think that they can meddle always into other countries' matter without doing their own homework! :banghead:

Always been well treated in Austria.

Austria will be better without this populist leader.

This said, Austria never got over its past.

Their sad excuse that they were too "victims" of the Nazism was disgusting.

After all AH was Austrian and they supported far more the Nazism than the Germans themselves.

The fact Austria was not divided in 5 and occupied did certainly not help them to do their "mea culpa"...

Archived