Mr T guilty: 2 years

waerth

It will be interesting to see how this will develop. Don't think Mr. T had this envisioned.

How will his visa/asylum application be handled now in the UK?

All in all a fair call imho and well deserved, Mr. T did enough damage to this country during his 8 year reign and lined his pockets along the way.

Is there hope for the Thai justice system after all?

Don't get me wrong I am not defending Thaksin, but we have to ask ourselves whether this verdict was truly impartial or politically motivated.

Can you imagine the uproar if he was found innocent, the PAD would have a field day.

IMHO he did more good for Thailand (whilst he was in power) than bad, he finally gave the villages a voice, introduced low fee loans, medical insurance, in fact he made on his promises. How many politicians can you say do that. Sure he probably siphoned a wedge of cash off but in any other 'democracy' he would of been allowed to do whatever he wanted with his phone company. The Thai 'elite' are still pissed off that the company went overseas, the tax evasion might or might not be true, I do not know enough about the Thai taxation system to know whether what he did was legal (at the time) or not.

Anyhow the bottom line is that he wont be coming back to Thailand anytime soon...unless the King pardons him of course.

Just to finish, I would rather have someone like Thaksin in British politics than Mandelson, now THERE IS a crook if ever I saw one!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived