Picks for 08/09 NBA season?

Big Kev

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the funnier things I've seen in Bangers was watching the Celtic beat the Rangers a few years ago at a friend's apartment.

My friend has a set-up that's essentially like a movie theater; best place to view sports. There was one staunch Ranger fan jock in attendance, while the other 10 of us who didn't care became instant Celtic supporters.

All I remember about the evening was hearing the Ranger Glaswegian yelling, "FER FUCK SAKE!" over and over.

Good times. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Got to agree with you on the Celtics, even though I am (sigh) a Detroit Pistons fan. The maturation of Rajon Rondo along with the Big Three makes them almost an unbeatable combination. Regardless of all the LA Laker sychophants here, the real championship will be Boston and Cleveland. Cleveland unfortunately doesn't have the size and depth to stay with Boston in an extended 7-game series, especially if Baby Shaq comes back from the auto accident. Sure, they have LeBron James, and can always win any given game because of his personal domination, but a 7-game series is different. I only wish there were better chemistry on the Piston with the addition of Iverson, but it's just not happening. Iverson was hurt yesterday and Pistons played Rodney Stuckey heavily and he go 40 points and the team seemed to gel a lot better, but you know that Iverson is going to get all his minutes back when he gets back. Sort of wish they had gotten the chemistry that Chauncey Billups has given Denver since that epic, but now ill-conceived trade.

Saw the Celtics v. Lakers game and it was a good one. Even though the Lakers won, it took a lot of effort. I don't see them overcoming that Celtics squad over the course of a series.

I see more of a chance of Celtics winning in LA than the other way around. As Phil once said, the series doesn't start till one team wins away.

Okay, I know this is sacrilege and it may end up with a loss of money but why not have the NBA final being played in a one game final in a neutral city like the Super Bowl and make an 'event' out of it like the super bowl? The NBA season is getting too long as it is.

Okay, throw fresh fruit and veggies only please. :nahnah:

Archived