Picks for 08/09 NBA season?

Big Kev

Fondest sports memory I have is 8 a.m. double-header barfine from little bar across from Bourbon Street in Washington Square.

Some fooling around during first half, then serious three-way action at half-time, breakfast and relaxation during second half of Lakers-Sixers Game #1 of championship series a few years back.

Anyway, you got any thoughts about this year's NBA season, commencing next week? I gotta think Boston again, with maybe an upstart coming out of the West for a change. Portland? OKC? Houston?

:cool::cool::cool:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have also been a big Phil Jackson fan

I am skeptical. Phil won 9 championships as an NBA coach. The first 6 with Michael Jordan, widely considered to be the greatest player of all time and also with Scottie Pippen rated one of the top 50 players.

He also won 3 championships with Shaq, also one of the top 50 and condidered by some to be one of the top 1 - 3 centers of all time and Kobe Bryant, who is certainly one of the most talented players of all time.

In the few seasons that he wasn't coaching a team with 2 super, super stars, he hasn't done anything extraordinary.

I think any slightly above average NBA coach would have won 6 championships with Jordan and Pippen and 3 with Shaq and Kobe.

Now with Jerry West having donated Gasol to the Lakers, Phil is again blessed with a team with great talent. I would like to see Phil coach the Knicks or the Nets. If he could win championships with those teams, I would be impressed.

I believe that with Andrew Bynum healthy again the Lakers have to be the favorite.

My fondest memory was the 2002 World Series. I was in the shower one morning when Troy Glaus hit a home run, and I heard the roar and came running out of there to see what was going on, only to slip on the bathroom flooring and do a headfirst slide into the bedroom.

Woke up my bargirl, who obviously had never seen a naked farang spraweled about the floor for anything less than soccer match (if even). The WTF look on her face was priceless.

The Angels won too, that helped.

I've adopted the Lakers but remain a staunch Sixers fan.

1983...Moses Malone's almost prophetic 'Fo..fo..fo' prediction. Lakers fans can complain that they had massive injuries that season and they did but we were unstoppable that season. 67-13 during the regular season I think was the best record of the '80s.

Andrew Toney...Doctor J...Moses Malone...unstoppable. When won in Boston and beat them in the series, I knew we were not going to be beaten.

I hope Lakers do well though. Kobe has matured a lot of as a player but more importantly as a person and is now showing leadership qualities.

Archived