Shocked at Nana prices

maninbkk

Having not visited Bangkok for some time, and Nana Plaza for even longer, I took the plunge and wandered round at about 10 pm one evening.

The upstairs bars were virtually devoid of any customers, although plenty of girls. I took a drink in one bar on the first floor (2nd floor to Americans) where there were plenty of girls dancing topless in black bikinis; at least 3 shifts of dancers, each 12-14 per shift.

I was shocked at the prices - 145 baht for a beer and 130 for a lady drink for a lady who continuously pestered me for 1500 baht short time. She refused to tell me the bar fine but said it was everything, including room, for 2 hours. Either things are bad and prices are coming down or I would have stung for additional charges.

Anyway, this was purely in the interests of research and I had no intent of doing anything. Once I declined her offer, she was off, leaving half a glass of coke.

Its not a place to spend an evening - too expensive and the company is just after money. There are much better bars elsewhere, where you can have a chat and a beer at sensible prices, and not feel that you are about to be ripped off!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its just a total ripp off. 145 baht for a beer is taking the piss......Hope many mongers feel the same and just leave the place R.I.P. Maybe they will wake up and lower the prices. But it will be the Thai way i guess......hey its really quiet, so lets raise the beer prices!!!!

Yeah, it sucks to be you guys. The rupiah has gained 10% over since mid summer and that makes the hottie Javanese babes here that much cheaper. Looks like the opposite is true vice the US$ and baht, a 10% loss since July.

Why I have no idea but just happy toi be on the right side of a flux for a change

Yeah, it sucks to be you guys. The rupiah has gained 10% over since mid summer and that makes the hottie Javanese babes here that much cheaper. Looks like the opposite is true vice the US$ and baht, a 10% loss since July.

Why I have no idea but just happy toi be on the right side of a flux for a change

But for how long. Anything can change at any moment...

Having not visited Bangkok for some time, and Nana Plaza for even longer, I took the plunge and wandered round at about 10 pm one evening.

The upstairs bars were virtually devoid of any customers, although plenty of girls. I took a drink in one bar on the first floor (2nd floor to Americans) where there were plenty of girls dancing topless in black bikinis; at least 3 shifts of dancers, each 12-14 per shift.

I was shocked at the prices - 145 baht for a beer and 130 for a lady drink for a lady who continuously pestered me for 1500 baht short time. She refused to tell me the bar fine but said it was everything, including room, for 2 hours. Either things are bad and prices are coming down or I would have stung for additional charges.

Anyway, this was purely in the interests of research and I had no intent of doing anything. Once I declined her offer, she was off, leaving half a glass of coke.

Its not a place to spend an evening - too expensive and the company is just after money. There are much better bars elsewhere, where you can have a chat and a beer at sensible prices, and not feel that you are about to be ripped off!

Which bar was this? :dunno:

Archived