Shocked at Nana prices

maninbkk

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually try to make it in November. But it has been a busy year and I am behind. So I plan to try December or January. The Bhat seems to be the same??? xe says 1usd=35bhat

Same as last year.

Regardless of the price increases. It is still a bargain. I will be there shortly

• 2 weeks later...

If you go to NEP before the bars open, they have food for sale that is very reasonable and good. I have eaten there many times. Don't remember if you could get a beer with your meal, but I suppose you could. I liked eating there because you could see the girls as they are coming to eat. Many times they would come over and get something to eat.

Hello!!!!!!!!

Thailand is no longer "cheap".

Living here is almost the same as living in the USA, not a hell of a lot different...if you go totally native, yes, can be cheaper, but then again, not so cheap as like 10 years ago vs the USA prices.

Wrong! Liar! Tard! (Sorry, miss those silly exclamations from RY I guess :) )

But you are actually talking about BANGKOK and comparing it to the US. Actually THAILAND is still relatively inexpensive to live in. Bangkok is expensive, and close to the US in cost (plus lots of imported items to buy there and many places to shop and end up blowing a wad of money).

Surin and other smaller cities are still a bargain. I rent a townhouse, 3 bdrm, 2 bath, AC in 2 bedrooms, covered carport that has the floor tiled, etc. for a mere 2,500 baht a month in a middle class area of teachers, nurses, goverment workers, military persons, etc. My rent has not been raised in over 5 years (due to the fact I have done a lot to maintain the place and am a good tenant who pays his rent on time consistently and I rarely ask for much - although the owner is very quick to give me what I ask for in repairs and such). Also, the average rent for a free standing home in a nice area of Surin is around 4,000 baht a month now (was around 3,000 to 3,500, gone up a little the past few years).

Plus the outer areas of BKK are still relatively inexpensive to rent in.

But yes, Suk area, farang venues and farang oriented bars, restaurants, shopping stores, etc. are definitely getting much more expensive in BKK.

Cent

Who wants to live in Surin.... Go feed the ducks and try and find a proper beer bar... Oh, I forgot Farang Connection, as a cough up the bus exhaust smoke...

You pay for what you get! A house with a view in Patong Beach will be 60K+ rent and all the Boom Boom you can ferry home in a Tuk Tuk

Who wants to live in Surin.... Go feed the ducks and try and find a proper beer bar... Oh, I forgot Farang Connection, as a cough up the bus exhaust smoke...

You pay for what you get! A house with a view in Patong Beach will be 60K+ rent and all the Boom Boom you can ferry home in a Tuk Tuk

Who wants to live in Phuket :dunno:

Archived