How many years have you been on the board ?

gobbledonk

I remember finding the board by accident somewhere around October [color:red]'68[/color]. There couldn't have been more than half a dozen members. The fun part was that we were almost all posting on it when we were at work! :)

Even more fun was when the board was shut down without warning one day! :shocked: That's when the board moved to Delphi. KS had tried Delphi before that, but everyone liked the original format better.

In the beginning, we could fit almost the entire board into the booths at Woodstock. The board certainly has grown since then. A few more of the original members are still around, but they hardly ever post any more. I see them or hear from them once in a while. Stickman was an early member, maybe from the beginning of 1999. He and WhosYourDaddy were like Siamese twins.

I recall trying to register on Nanaplaza on the day it opened, but couldn't get things to work. Thus I didn't get registered until the second day. I've used the Flashermac handle since the Delphi board in 1999. I picked it at random after every other name I tried to register seemed to be taken.

Earliest members I can think of from [color:red]1968[/color]: Josh, RoyPilot, Mitt, DocWildwood, Ross and several whose real names I remember but not their board name. :hmmm:

:doah: I mean 1998! I was in the Army in 1968 and didn't have internet connections. :p

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am one of the first guys here on this board.

I registered, well I think in 1998; but in my opinion it must have been earlier?!

[color:blue]A question:[/color]

In my opinion the first discussion-board of Khun Sanuk must have been created earlier than in 1998?!

Wasn't it in 1996 or early 1997? Well, I say this under reserve. I have a vague recollection only.

But one thing is sure: Before that time I have been a member of the ASFO-List, where Khun Sanuk has been too.

I cannot remember any more when I entered the Asfo-list. The Asfo-list was one of the earliest boards/lists on the internet. Maybe it was created in 1996?

Some months later Khun Sanuck created the first Nana-Plaza-Board, or how was it called? Right?

Charly

Hamburg Bangkok Duesseldorf

[color:blue]The Nana-Plaza-Board and the meetings in Woodstock[/color]

I remember very well some meetings in Woodstock, Nana Plaza (1998, 1999, 2000 etc.). Today Rainbow IV.

It was always interesting to put names to faces.

I remember one little story which happened in Woodstock on a Friday evening maybe February 1999. I cannot remember exactly.

I was sitting with Khun Sanuk in one of the booth's and we chatted and discussed about the girls of Nana-Plaza in German language. Suddenly a new guy came. Khun Sanuk and that newcomer gave them a warm welcome, and the new guy sat beside Khun Sanuk. After some moments we continued our little discussion in German. I explained something for KS and to reinforce my argument I referred to the website of a local expat living in Bangkok.

KS asked me: "Who says this?" and I answered by using the real name of my source: "P... O...". The new guy looked at me very astonished with a lot of question marks in his face. KS started laughing and said: "This is PO!" It was Stickman.

I think one year later Stickman and I, we made a bar crawl through Nana. After some bars we came to Angel-Witch. Stickman had told me that the owner and manager of Angel-Witch is a German. So I took the opportunity to chat with my country-fellowman while Stickman enjoyed the girls, the show and some bottles of beer.

Oh memories, sweet memories.

Charly

Hamburg Bangkok Duesseldorf

I found the board while searching for info before my first holiday to Thailand in '97. It was before the Delphi board. I might be wrong, but KS can clarify.

But I didn't actually meet anyone in person until I returned a few years later. I did the Woodstock thing and met some of the same people you mentioned.

KS told me later that he was suprised at how old I was, because I seemed so immature on the internet. :)

Archived