More Climate Change BS exposed

Tiger Moth

Guest lazyphil

so what are you faustian doing personally to halt mans impact on planet earth....other than having your fuel guzzling A/C on all day/night? :smirk: .....its not good just ranting at the right wing or oil fat cats, big business or whoever. its down to individuals.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some come on, why are the glaciers retreating? Why are the ice caps melting? Why is the Arctic ice shrinking and at record lows? If it isn't because of warming (lets remember ice melts when warmed!), then what is it?

An act of god?

An illusion perpetrated by David Copperfield?

A left-wing conspiracy...?

Iâ??m not disputing climate change and Iâ??m not disputing that humans are playing a small role in it.

What I do dispute is that humans are the main cause; 65 million years ago the entire earth was a tropical greenhouse!! One event plunged the planet into an ice age and we have been slowly warming since.

I believe the current weather changes are a natural cycle in the evolution of the planet (man is not helping the situation with emissions). We are only one comet or one super volcano away from another ice age would that make everybody happy?

So along with turning down the ACs, parking the SUVs and stop using hairspray we need to plug some volcanoes and nuke some asteroids!

MHO S1

And its a left-wing conspiracy :neener:

I don't understand the resistance to reducing air pollution and changing from oil based transportation and heating technology? Why do right-wingers think this is a bad idea? Since we will probably not know the definitive answer to the causes and results of climate change until it is too late, why not take the steps now to clean up our home where we live and try to leave it somewhat closer to the way we found it for the next few thousand genearations? It is amazing that people think it is ok to desimate the planet within the scope of a few generations when people have lived here for millions of years and hopefully will live here for millions more? Unless you think the rapture is an exit strategy?

You're of course aware of the ice caps shrinking to unprecedented size, this year being almost as bad as last year....whilst the sun was at its lowest point in its cycle, in fact the lowest it's ever been recorded to be...

Climate change of a more dramatic nature than that experienced in recent years has occurred for millions of years before man ever got out of the caves, much less than since the industrial revolution. If man is supposed to be the cause of climate change, how do you explain this?

I have read a fair amount, don't spend all my time on climate change, but, I have never read anything that claims man contributes more than a small portion of CO2 - less than 5%. So, with millions of years of more extreme climate change than exists today, how would you explain that a change within a 5% component is the cause? And, how do you explain that historically change in CO2 has lagged increases in temperature?

With regards to the amount of sea ice, how would you claim the following shows anything more than "normal variation"?

http://www.ijis.iarc.uaf.edu/en/home/seaice_extent.htm

I've always maintained the same stance, that there's a lot we still don't know. I haven't agreed with "manmade" climate change. I maintain this position.

I do have grave concerns about the extent of deforestation and the huge amount of pollutants we pump into the atmosphere. The Earth's natural mechanisms simply aren't designed to cope.

I see a discernible warming trend. Causes unknown. Any disagreement with this trend is utter stupidity. The physical evidence is overwhelming....but the causes remain uncertain....

Archived