More Climate Change BS exposed

Tiger Moth

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having been a weather forecast (and thus having had quite a few climatology courses) athough not being a climatologist:

Article is one of so many having a quite strong opinion -> unfortunately the scientific community is divided about this issue.

This said, the telegraph is not notorious for its scientific accuracy...This article leaves me cold as there are no scientific explanations provided and I question the tone of the article.

I don't know if the climate (and climatology is a very young science) is warming or cooling and we will not know before a few thousands or hundre of thousands years for sure.

What I know is the meteorological conditions everywhere are changing (we talk about meteorology here not climatology which studies phenomena over a far longer period of time).

Newspapers are usually happily mixing "climate change" with simple meteorological conditions

-> a climate doesn't change in 1-5-10 years time...

for a more balanced view, may i suggest the op read some articles, from both sides of the "yellow line," on climate debate daily

You are a bit late. I posted this link several months ago.....

now did you realy?! that's oh so impressive of you. and indeed, that prohibits me from posting the link again...i'm oh so sorry for intruding upon your territory...

but please do realise that i used the phrase "a bit late" in a posting in late 2006...so do refrain from using that phrase again, now will you please? it's mine and mine only! stay away!

RY did you also follow the same meteorological cursus? Strange I never saw you there.

Climate is never about a few years period.

Kyoto = Nations acknowledging that human's activities aka pollution might well speed changes up

from a climatological point of view.

Kyoto is also far more about the direct impact pollution has on our lives -> air quality, CO2 amount etc....

A hurricane is not climatology but the small or big (until the scientific community finds out exactly how much human activities impact climate changes) changes to the climate even if tiny hugely influence local meteorological conditions

-> hurricanes are thess kind of local conditions.

I don't understand the resistance to reducing air pollution and changing from oil based transportation and heating technology? Why do right-wingers think this is a bad idea?

It's because the people who embrace climate-change are left-wingers.

So the right-wing is willing to forgo cleaning up our mess just because they hate the left-wing that much? Is it really worth that? Their petty hate is more important than all the generations that follow?

I don't understand the resistance to reducing air pollution and changing from oil based transportation and heating technology? Why do right-wingers think this is a bad idea?

Because it will cost an enormous amount of money' date=' it will provide no benefit to the environment, and it will result in the government having much more control over individuals' lives. Additionally it is just boring and annoying to have to hear about it all of the time because it is all promoted in such trivial and sanctimonious terms.

[/quote']

How can you say that reducing air pollution and changing from an oil based energy source will provide no benefit to the environment? That makes no sense.

Frankly, I'm not sure either way. I have not read extensively on the issue.

I would like us to be weened off an oil based economy. My reasons aren't that I think the earth is warming. I don't know. My main reasons are national security reasons.

I don't think its smart that we rely on countries outside the U.S. to fuel our nation. We've diverted much of the oil we got from the middle east to Venuezula, Canada, and other countries. I don't care if the countries are friendly to us and are allies (Canada but Venuezula are not allies) or not, if its possible to fuel the country within the borders then lets do so.

In time of war its hard to import. Japan found that out in WW2. Germany as well.

I would like us to have a greater reliance on nuclear power plants, solar, wind, fule cell, hybrid cars, etc. for purely nationalistic and selfish reasons.

In doing so I think we can also provide a host of new jobs and expand industries relate to it. It could be a way to bring jobs back to areas like the rust belt.

Archived