Flying the Roo

shygye

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're suggesting they take on fuel to fly to another alternate location and then when the weather cleared, fly to SYD??

As far as NW, that is who I worked for and I know their fucked up system. I worked in HNL and it was alway a gamble with airport curfew and crew time for the Japanese bound flights when there was a delay. Passenger comfort was normally not the priority. It was where the airplane and crews had to be that was first. Silly.

First, instead of circling SYD until fuel critical, it should have diverted to an international airport.

Second, once SYD closed for the night it should have flown to an international airport to allow pax off the aircraft.

-------------

It goes from bad to worse!!!!

Great Qantas lobster scam: two arrested

Two men have been charged with the theft of lobster tails, shrimp and other gourmet food from the Qantas catering facility.

The Australian Federal Police said today they had charged a 46-year-old man from Campsie with larceny and receiving goods and a 28-year-old man from Bexley with stealing property after a raid earlier this month.

The Campsie man is due to face Waverley Local Court later today.

Link

I flew Pan Am RT across the Pacific a couple of times in the 1970s. The first time they smashed my "air weight" bag flat and denied responsibility. (So who did it?)

The second time, I went to Bangkok and my luggage went to Osaka. Didn't get it until 3 days later ... without even an apology. I mentioned what had happened to a friend. He immediately asked, "Did you fly Pan Am?"

Archived